Everyone probably has their own favorite playlist, and it’s tied to one app or another. This article will talk about Apple Music, as the application is quite popular among millions of people and is the top one to use.
And if you have Alexi, you probably had to face the problem that when you ask it to play your favorite music or playlist, it uses standard Amazon Music. Anyway, there is a way to change this setting and customize it to your liking.
Here’s how to play Apple Music on your Alexa speakers.
How to Play Apple Music on Alexa
If you want to play songs from Apple Music on your Alexa devices, you need to launch the Alexa app first and then tap Menu > Settings > Music & Podcasts > Link New Service. Then select Apple Music, tap Enable to Use, enter your Apple ID and password, and select Allow. Here is a more detailed guide on how to:
- Launch the Alexa app. If you don’t already have the app, you can download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Then tap More. You will see this three-line icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen
- Next, tap Settings
- Then tap Music & Podcasts. You will see this under Alexa Preferences by scrolling down the menu
- Next, tap Link New Service
- Then select Apple Music from the list of services. If you don’t see Apple Music, go back and select Default Services at the top of your screen. Then see if you can change any of them to Apple Music
- Next, tap Enable to Use
- Then sign in with your Apple ID and password. If you don’t know your Apple ID and password, check out this guide from Apple. You might also be required to enter a two-factor authentication code
- Next, select Allow
- Then, tap Close
- Next, click Visit Music Settings
- Finally, tap Change and select Apple Music as your default streaming service. You can change Apple Music to be the default streaming service for music and artists and genre stations. You can also change your default podcast service to Apple Podcasts as well
After that, you can also send commands to Alexa, but to be sure she’s using Apple Music, you can just give her a more specific command like “Alexa, play [song name] on Apple Music.
How much cost Apple Music’s plans and subscriptions
If you’ve decided to take a closer look at Apple Music and its plans, you should know that Apple’s subscription-only music streaming service provides users with access to more than 90 million songs, and 30,000 curated and personalized playlists. You will also get such features as spatial audio with dynamic head tracking on supported devices, lossless audio, and downloads for offline playback.
Here’s a list that shows the cost of Apple Music’s subscriptions:
- Voice Plan – $4.99: Discounted option that only works with Siri. This tier will not work with Alexa devices
- Student Plan – $4.99: Discounted regular option for verified students
- Individual – $9.99: Regular subscription tier
- Family – $14.99: Up to six profiles for individual personalized recommendations
Even if you don’t have an Alexa or Apple device (smart speakers such as Apple’s own HomePod, Google Nest, Amazon Echo, and Sonos), you can still enjoy Apple Music on devices like PCs, Android, smart TVs, and game consoles. Those with multiple Alexa-enabled devices can even share music across rooms, with Multi-Room Music groups.
Moreover, Apple Music for Alexa is also available in Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the UK, and the US.