Instagram is a place where you can tell more about your life to your friends, colleagues, etc. However, if you’ve noticed that you often look at your feed and get distracted from real life, or you’re just tired of the monotony of Instagram, you can be sure that you can delete all your progress and your account. All your photos, videos, and personal information will no longer be available to anyone.
If you want to permanently delete your account, or maybe you want to keep all of your content from there, or maybe you just or just want to take a break from social networking – you’ve come to the right place.
Is it possible to disable Instagram account
To begin with, it’s possible to completely delete your Instagram account, but it’s a rather radical step. And maybe you should just try to deactivate your account. It isn’t exactly a deletion, but other users will not see your account. It’s as if you deleted it. However, the thing is, you can reactivate it at any time. Here’s how to do it:
- Unfortunately, you aren’t able to do this procedure from the app, so simply go to Instagram from your browser
- Enter your credentials if it’s needed
- Click or tap on the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Click or tap Profile, then select Edit Profile
- Scroll down and choose Temporarily disable my account to the right of the Submit button
- You will be asked to point the reason why you’re leaving. Choose an option from the drop-down menu
- Enter your account password again
- Click or tap Temporarily Disable Account
Note: there is only a possibility to disable your Instagram account only once a week.
How to download personal Instagram account data
If you do decide to take the desperate step and want to delete your Instagram account forever, you must understand that then you will lose all of your photos, videos, posts, comments, etc. If you don’t want to lose your cool pics, it’s a good idea to keep all your data before you delete it completely.
- Open Instagram and tap the profile icon in the lower right corner
- Tap the hamburger icon (Menu) in the top right corner, then tap Settings at the bottom
- Select Security, then tap the Download Data option
- Enter your email address and tap Request Download
After you complete these instructions, Instagram will send you an email within two days to the email address that you specified with all of your content. You may not want to save everything, but it’s best to be safe and save what will then be lost forever. After all, you may remember something and want to see something from your past. Data that cannot be retrieved is better saved in advance.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account
Once you have saved all of your data, you can proceed to delete your Instagram account. Remember that you’re deleting it permanently, so if you’re still in doubt, try deactivating it.
However, if you want to continue, you only need to use a browser to perform this procedure. Unfortunately, you cannot do this through the app. You can use the browser from a mobile device as well as from a PC/laptop.
After you delete your account, Instagram still gives you the chance to reactivate it. Within 30 days, you can come back and restore your account.
- Go to the special Delete Your Account page on your browser. Before doing so, make sure you’re logged in
- You’ll be asked to choose a reason for deletion from the drop-down menu
- Click or tap the Delete button to confirm your decision
Is there any other way to delete Instagram account without logging in
There are unpleasant situations when you either forget your password or login, or you may have been hacked. In such cases, you will not be able to delete or somehow manage your account. You must first log in. However, if you can’t, use these steps to reset your password:
- Launch the Instagram app
- Tap Forgotten password? above the “Login” button
- If you have Android, choose one of the following: Use username, email or phone, or Log in with Facebook
- If you have iOS, choose one of the following: Username or Phone
- Follow the prompts after your selection
If you have been hacked, you can still try an alternative way to reset your password:
- Launch the app
- Tap Get help logging in under the login fields
- Select the option that allows you to enter your username
- Tap Need more help?
After that, Instagram will ask you for your personal information, phone number, previous passwords, etc. This way you can at least have a chance of fixing the situation.
Is it possible to recover account after deletion
In general, yes, as mentioned above, you have 30 days to restore your account. If you change your mind, you can get it all back at any time in this term. However, if you’ve already missed your chance, you can’t officially get your data back.
However, there are loopholes and after reading this, you can use this method to try to get your account back.
- First, type in your username or email address and click on Instagram’s Get help signing in option
- From here, select Trouble logging in
- Follow the prompts such as selecting the type of account you’d like to recover and click the option for My account was hacked to proceed
- Then select hear more about your experience
- Fill out the forms and Instagram will send you an email within a few hours. Then you will be requested to confirm your identity through photos that you’ve uploaded to that account, your username, email address, and verification code
Now you know how to deal with hacked accounts, how to delete your account, and overall, manage your Instagram data
How to restore deleted Instagram posts via “Recently deleted”
If you want to restore deleted Instagram posts via “Recently deleted”, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Instagram app and then, you should head to your Instagram Profile.
- After that, you should click on the hamburger icon whch may be found at the top-right corner of the screen and click on Your Activity.
- Then, you should look for ‘Recently deleted’ which may be found at the bottom of the menu.
- Next, you can look over your recently deleted posts and stories including IGTV and Reels.
- After that, you should tap on the post that you want to restore and then click on the three dots icon.
- There will be two options: Delete and Restore to delete it permanently or restore the post.
- Then, you would be required to confirm that it’s you. You will get the option to receive one-time password (OTP) on your phone number or email ID connected to the Instagram account.
- After that, you will get the OTP.
- To complete the process, you would be required to enter the OTP to restore the post.
How to restore photos from Instagram Archive
To restore photos from Instagram Archive, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of al, you should open Instagram app and tap on your profile picture the bottom.
- After that, you should tap on the Menu icon which can be found at the top-right corner and click on Your Activity.
- Next click on Archived.
- After the Archive folder will be displayed, you should tap on the drop down and select from Stories archive, Posts archive, or Live archive options, from where you lost photos or videos.
- To complete the process, you should select the image which you want and tap on the 3 dots. Then, you should tap on Show on Profile. Lost videos and photos would be returned since then.
How to restore Instagram photos from Gallery/Albums on Android or iPhone
Each photo or video that has been uploaded on Instagram, will automatically be saved in the Gallery Album of your Android under the ‘Instagram’ named folder. On iPhone, the uploaded file is kept in Albums in the Photos app.
If you have accidentally deleted or can’t find photos or videos on Instagram, they can be found in the ‘Instagram’ folder in Android Gallery or iPhone’s Album.