Apple is known for the quality of its gadgets, including its branded accessories. Many users who choose AirPods are very satisfied with their sound and comfort. However, sometimes people still have different questions about their functionality. For example how to pause AirPods or AirPods Pro.
What to do to pause on AirPods or AirPods Pro
The mobile gadget market today is incredibly broad and widespread. There are hundreds of different devices to perform most tasks that modern users may need.
For example, sports activities have been made handy fitness trackers that take up little space on the hand, don’t interfere with, and don’t distract athletes from their exercises.
For health tracking and just the added convenience of using the phone, a variety of smartwatch models were made, which are equipped with many functions for tracking the health of the person and working in conjunction with his smartphone. This allows users to quickly answer calls or messages from their watch and always have access to complete information about their physical activity.
However, earphones are still the most popular wearable device. There have been a particularly large number of recent releases among wireless models. Almost all of the major mobile technology companies have their own models of earphones.
Apple is no exception. Their AirPods earphones have been a real hit with users. For a relatively low price, they offered very high-quality sound and ease of use when paired with Apple devices. However, for users who weren’t comfortable with their plastic housing, there wasn’t an option until Apple released an improved version of their AirPods.
They were called AirPods Pro and added vaсuum earmolds and noise-canceling features. Now anyone could find an earphone to their liking.
However, many users still couldn’t figure out how to use their AirPods correctly. For example, how to use the Pause function on their device.
How to pause a track using AirPods or AirPods Pro
If you’re listening to music and you know someone or just came into the store and you need to pause the music to say something, then on the earphones from Apple it’s really easy and comfortable.
No matter what version of earphones you have you can pull them out of your ear and the music will automatically stop playing. As soon as you put the earphone back in your ear, it will detect this and playback will start again.
However, if you don’t want to take the earphones out of your ear, there is also a way to stop the playback on the earphones themselves. However, the instructions for different versions will be slightly different.
If you have AirPods Pro or AirPods 3
The new version of AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro are the best earphones from Apple at the moment. They’re very similar in size and appearance. They also have similar control systems. In order to control them you need:
- To pause: On the earphone, feel the flat button on the inside of the earphone and press it once, the track will stop, to continue playing, press it again.
- To switch to the next track: Press this button twice in a row
- To switch to the previous track: Press this button 3 times in a row. This will also return you to the beginning of the track if you’re in the middle or at the end of the song.
- To activate Siri just say hello to Siri or make a long press on the button. With Siri you can e.g. turn down the volume by saying “Siri, turn it down”.
If you have a first or second-generation AirPods
Here the instructions for use will be slightly different. To pause playback you need to assign this action to a double-tap on the earpiece. To do this, you need to:
- Attach the earphones to your Apple device.
- Then go to Settings.
- Here you have to click on the Bluetooth button.
- Find your earphones in the list and then click on the I.
- Here, in the AirPods Double Touch field, you can choose which action to assign to this touch for the left or right earbuds.
- You can choose one of the four available actions:
- Using Siri.
- Playing and pausing audio content.
- Skip to the next track.
- Return to the previous track.
This way you can easily and easily use the different functions on your AirPods.