For many of us, Screen Mirroring is nothing unique anymore. It is available on almost every smartphone and Smart TV. The same features are available on the iPhone and Vizio TV. So you can pair them together.
Fortunately, you can use as many as three methods to do this. The first method is the easiest because your iPhone has a special AirPlay feature that lets you quickly connect your devices. You will need to download a special app from Vizio for the second method. But in the third one, you will have to use wires.
So let’s take a closer look at how to pair iPhone to Vizio TV.
How to connect your iPhone to Vizio TV using AirPlay
Actually, you don’t need to pair your iPhone to Vizio TV when using AirPlay. All you need to do is simply enable it and find your TV from the list. But first, you need to enable AirPlay on your Vizio TV. So follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen on your Vizio TV and select Extras in the upper right corner.
- Then find the Apple AirPlay option and select it.
- After that, ensure your iPhone and Vizio TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe down to open Control Center on your iPhone and tap Screen Mirroring.
- Finally, select your Vizio TV from the list.
Once you have completed these steps, you can play any content from your iPhone and watch it on your Vizio TV.
How to pair your iPhone to Vizio TV using Vizio Mobile
This method is also convenient, but you need to download and install a special Vizio Mobile app. You can easily find it on App Store. Once installed, you can start pairing. Just do the following:
- Open the Vizio Mobile app on your iPhone and create a Vizio account. Alternatively, you can continue as a guest.
- After that, you will see a list of Vizio SmartCast Devices on your home page.
- Select your device from this list to pair it with your iPhone.
- Finally, confirm the pairing by entering the 4-digit password displayed at the top of the screen.
Now, you have connected. The Vizio Mobile app can also replace your Vizio remote control if it’s broken or lost. You also have to be aware that you can pair your iPhone with more than one Vizio device. There is a device selection option at the top of the screen. Simply add other devices, and you can control them with the app.
If you don’t see your devices showing in the list of available devices, you can try to check your TV’s Wi-Fi connection. Remember that your iPhone and Vizio TV must be connected to one network.
How to connect your iPhone to Vizio TV using HDMI and an adapter
If you still want to use wires, here’s what you’ll need.
It would be best if you had an HDMI cable and a special Lightning-to-HDMI adapter to connect your iPhone to Vizio TV. An ordinary HDMI cable is easy to find in almost every electronics store. Alternatively, you can order it on Amazon. The main thing is not to buy a too cheap one.
You won’t find one everywhere when it comes to the Lightning-to-HDMI adapter. Moreover, buying it from the official Apple Store is much better if you want it to work properly. The adapter may be a little expensive ($50), but in this way, you are reassuring yourself to avoid sudden connection problems.
So follow these steps to connect your iPhone to Vizio TV via HDMI and Lightning-to-HDMI adapter:
- Connect the HDMI and Lightning-to-HDMI adapter.
- Then connect the Lightning end to your iPhone and the HDMI end to your Vizio TV.
- Finally, select the right input on your TV and start playing the desired content on your iPhone.
That’s it. As you can see, there’s nothing complicated about mirroring your iPhone’s screen to the Vizio TV, even without AirPlay or Vizio Mobile.