Can you lock a Nest thermostat? Of course, it may be locked from the Settings menu on your thermostat or with the Nest app. Unless someone has the four-digit PIN that you create when locking your Nest thermostat, they won’t be able to unlock it or change any settings.
What is the best setting for Nest thermostat
Many systems will not hear your home any faster if you set your thermostat to a higher temperature, but your system will likely run longer and use more energy. To let it be 70 degrees Fahrenheit, you should turn the heat up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. It will warm faster.
Why the Nest thermostat keeps changing to away
Your thermostat should definitely switch to Eco Temperatures when your home automatically switches to “Away”. If the thermostat is not set to switch to Eco Temperatures automatically, it will not switch to it when your home will switch to “Away”.
How to remove Nest thermostat from previous owner
Find the settings gear icon which is located in the top-right corner of the screen. Scroll down and select your thermostat. The thermostat should be removed. Tap on “remove” when the pop-up confirmation will appear.
How to reset the Nest thermostat PIN
If you need to reset your PIN? you should to:
- You should click on the “Manage security details” option on your Nest Home page in order to reset your PIN.
- Then tap on “reset PIN”.
- You need to enter your new PIN in the “Create new PIN” option and re-enter new PIN boxes while resetting your PIN.
- If you need some help in creating a new PIN, you may click the help icon.
How to take over a Nest thermostat
If you want to manually restart the Nest thermostat, you should:
- Press your thermostat ring and hold it down until the screen turns off.
- Then let go of the ring.
- In the end, you should press and release the ring to turn it back on and complete the restart process.
How to factory reset a Nest thermostat
Start by clicking on the Nest thermostat unit to bring up the main menu. Find and tap on “Settings”. Scroll to the right and click on “Reset”.
How to set a password
First, you should tap on the menu tab. Then, scroll down to find the “Security Settings” option and click on it. Find the space which is specially provided in the owner’s manual or another safe location and enter the password. In the end, press “Done” to exit.
How to lock your Nest thermostat
Your thermostat may be locked with the Nest app or on the Nest thermostat itself. To do that, you should follow the steps below:
- First, press your thermostat’s ring to open the “Quick view” menu.
- Then, choose “Settings” and “Lock”.
- Press the ring again in order to confirm that willingness to lock your thermostat.
- Write a PIN that is easy to remember and enter it again to confirm.
- Set the minimum and maximum temperatures by turning the ring.
- Then, press the thermostat ring to choose “Done” and lock your device. Or you also may choose “Change” if you need to change anything in the settings.
If the lock icon is displayed, it means that the device is locked.