There are many cases when users want to hide their photos on their iPhones. It depends on different causes, from the unwillingness to see old photos, to hiding something that they don’t want to be seen by others. There are different methods to hide your photos and the process of doing it doesn’t require so much effort.
How to hide photos on iPhone
There are several methods to hide your photos on your iPhone. It’s possible to make a hidden album in the Photos app, transfer pictures to password-protected notes in the Notes app, or hide photos in your text messages. The section below will explain to you how to do that.
How to hide photos via the Photos app
Your iPhone provides you with a great opportunity to select and transfer photos to a hidden album in the Photos app. iOS 14 and earlier version has this option called “Hidden Album”. Before it was always available, but with the new update your iPhone lets you disable the Photos app’s ability to show your hidden album. So, if you want to hide photos via the Photos app, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Photos app and select one or multiple pictures which you want to be hidden.
- After that, you should head to the bottom-left corner and click on the “Share” icon, which looks like a box with an arrow sticking up out of it.
- Then, you should head to the bottom taskbar, and click on the “Hide” option.
- To finish the process, you should click on “Hide Photo” (or Photos) in the pop-up to accept.
- Since then, the photos would be hidden from your main album and transferred into an album called “Hidden.” To view them, you should head to the “Albums” tab of the Photos app. Then, scroll down until you see “Hidden” listed in the “Utilities” section.
How to hide the hidden album in the Photos app
When the photos which you selected have been hidden, you can also hide the “Hidden Album”. If you want to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Settings app.
- After that, you should head down and locate the “Photos” app listed and select it.
- Then, you should head to the Photos page, scroll down and swipe the “Hidden Album” switch to the left.
- After you have finished the steps above, the hidden album will no longer be displayed in the “Utilities” section of the Photos app. If you want the album to be shown again, you should head to Settings and switch the “Hidden Album” toggle back on.
How to lock photos on your iPhone in the Notes app
If you want to lock photos in the Notes app, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the image to be secured, then click on the “Share” icon.
- There will be a list of apps displayed, you should move to the right side till you find the Notes app icon, and tap it. A Notes draft will appear with the image in it. Click on a Notes folder to save it to and choose “Save” in the upper-right corner.
- After that, you should open the Notes app, then open the note with the image in it.
- Then, you should click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the note.
- There would be a pop-up menu displayed, click on “Lock.”
- Next, you should fill in a password, verify the password, and make a hint in case you forget the password. Click on “Done“. In case, a note has been locked before, you would be required to fill in the password you’ve already used for locking notes.
- Since then, you would see a lock displayed in the top-right corner of your note. To lock the note, you should click on the lock icon and the note will disappear, with a message that says “This note is locked.” Click on “View Note” and fill in your password any time you want to view the note. Whenever you’re done viewing the note, be sure to tap the lock icon again to seal the lock.
- To finish the process, you should make sure you delete the original image from the Photos app so that now it only lives locked in the Notes app.
All in all, there is nothing difficult in the process of hiding or locking images.