There are many causes why you want to hard reset your iPhone. For example, lockups or freezes, even though, those problems are common on older iPhones, some users also face this issue on new ones.
How to hard reset iPhone 13
If your phone locks up and you’re unable to scroll or swipe, you should try hard resetting it. Sometimes, when you face bugs, it may help if you update the apps or your device. In case there has nothing changed after the update, you can try to hard reset your iPhone. There are several methods to do that, which would be mentioned in the section below:
If you know the screen code and the iCloud account
If you know the screen code and the iCloud account and you want to hard reset your iPhone, you should follow the steps which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your Apple iPhone 13.
- After that, you should head to the settings of your device.
- Then, you should head to the “General” section within the settings.
- Next, you should scroll down the “General” section till you find the “Reset” option and then you should click on it.
- There would be a “Reset” menu displayed, there, you should find the “Erase All Content and Settings” option. You should tap on it and start the reset process
- If you don’t have an iCloud backup of your device data, photos, and apps, a notice, that will ask you to review the iCloud settings, would be displayed, If you want to make a backup copy, you should do that before all the content would be deleted, if you don’t want to have a backup copy, just tap on “Continue”. The data you have uploaded to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or backup copies that you have in the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, or One Drive, will not be deleted.
- You would be required to fill in the password of the iPhone, and if you have activated “Find”, you will also be required to fill in your iCloud username and password.
- After you have finished the process above, the restart process will begin. It takes only several minutes to start while restoring the device to its factory state and optimizing the apps pre-installed in the operative system iOS 15.
If you don’t know the screen code and if you know the iCloud account
If you don’t know the screen code, but you know the iCloud account, you are still able to do a hard reset. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your iPhone.
- After that, you should open iTunes on your computer and connect your device to a computer (you must have iTunes installed on your PC or Mac).
- After the device has been connected, the Apple logo will appear on your phone, press and hold the center Home button or lower Volume and the power button.
- It will take about 10 seconds till the screen will be switched off.
- Then, you should release the power button but keep pressing the Home button or turn down Volume.
- It will take up to 30 seconds to let your computer recognize the iPhone in DFU mode and you can release the Home button or lower Volume.
- After that, you should click on “Restore” in iTunes on your computer.
- Since then, the latest iOS software version will be downloaded and the device will be formatted.
- After you have finished the process, your device would be restarted, if it had the iCloud account activated, you would be required to fill in the email and password of iCloud.
If you don’t know the screen code and you don’t know the iCloud account
In this case, it’s best to contact Apple or take it to an official store to verify that you are the owner and restore it.
Keep in mind that it’s impossible to restore an iPhone without the iCloud account and if you get may have been blocked by IMEI.
As you can see. there is nothing difficult in hard resetting your device. There are different methods for different cases.