Many users want to activate low power mode in order to save the battery. Usually, it is used on iPhone or iPad because you use it often, but it is also possible to activate this mode on your Mac. If you want to know-how keep on reading.
How to activate low power mode on Mac
Starting with macOS Monterey, Low Power Mode reduces your Mac’s screen brightness and clock speed to make your Mac quieter and its battery last longer. Here’s how to enable it.
So, basically, low power mode saves your battery. It is done by lowering screen brightness and reducing processor clock speed on a Mac. The screen wouldn’t be as bright as it used to be, and the responsiveness of apps becomes slower than usual on Mac.
Unfortunately, it isn’t available to choose a specific battery percentage threshold for the Low Power Mode to kick in automatically on Mac.
How to save your battery on Mac
So, if you want to activate low power mode on Mac, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to the Apple menu in the top-left corner and click on “System Preferences.”
- After that, you should tap on “Battery.”
- In Battery preferences, you should click on “Battery” again. Then, you should check the box beside “Low Power Mode” in the right-hand pane.
If you want to activate Low Power Mode while your Mac is charging, you should tap on the “Power Adapter” menu in the sidebar. After that, you should check the box beside “Low Power Mode.”
At any time, you can click the Battery icon in the corner of the menu bar, and it will give you an opportunity to check whether the low power mode is activated or not. If you want to turn off the Low Power Mode, you would be required to head to the Battery menu or Power Adapter menu in System Preferences again, and then, you should uncheck the box for “Low Power Mode.”
How to turn on and off Low Power Mode on iPhone
When your iPhone reaches 20 percent battery power left, you’ll see a “Low Power Mode” prompt appear. Your iPhone will notify you what features will be temporarily disabled, and you can select “Continue” and switch on Low Power Mode or “Cancel” and don’t activate Low Power Mode.
You can also switch on Low Power Mode whenever you like. If you want to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should click on Settings.
- After that, you should head to Battery and activate the “Low Power Mode” slider. The battery indicator in the status bar will turn yellow while Low Power Mode is turned on.
Your iPhone will always automatically disable Low Power Mode when you charge it up to a certain point. Low Power Mode is always temporary and only lasts until the next proper charge. There’s no way to permanently enable it.
How to change some of settings permanently
However, it is impossible to permanently turn on Low Power Mode, you can permanently change some of the settings Low Power Mode does.
- Disable mail fetching: If you have any email accounts configured to “fetch” new mail, they would be automatically checked in a regular period of time and a new email would also be downloaded. In this way, your iPhone always stays activated. You should adjust your mail accounts to “push” new mail to you or just switch this feature off and manually check for new mail to save power.
- Screen brightness: When you make sure that your screen isn’t too bright, you will be able to save your battery. This setting should be on by default—just don’t disable it. However, if you want to adjust your screen brightness manually, you can swipe up from the bottom of your screen at any time. You should remeber that the brighter your display, the lower your battery is. This is available under “Display & brightness” in the Settings app.
- Auto-lock timeout: One more feature that lets you save the battery is to make your iPhone automatically lock itself a certain period of unactive time. To do that, you should open the Settings app and head to General, then, you should click on Auto-Lock to find this setting.
- Disable background refresh: If you want to do that, you should open the Settings app and head to General, then, you should go to Background App Refresh. You can disable Background App Refresh for every app from here, or just prevent individual apps from refreshing.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult to enable the low power mode on your devices. This feature helps to save a significant amount of your device’s battery percentage and gives you an opportunity to always stay in touch with the surrounding area.