Can’t see the profile picture on WhatsApp? Or do other users complain about why you deleted photos when you didn’t? Then this is where you’ll find the answers.
How to manage WhatsApp profile picture not showing
There is no denying the fact that WhatsApp has become an indispensable app for many people, especially those who often correspond or conduct business through messengers. Since the global network is designed for exchanging information, both ordinary and personal, most services give their users the opportunity to save personal data.
A profile picture is part of the user’s personal data. And if you can adjust the settings privately, it often happens that WhatsApp is buggy and doesn’t work properly in this regard.
So, if you want to have your business card, that is your profile photo, but you have problems with not showing your photo, or other users can’t see you, there may be several reasons for that.
How to let others see your profile picture
First, you need to understand exactly what your problem sounds like. If other users don’t see your profile picture, there are reasons for this, and often they are simply due to a bug where WhatsApp itself changes the Privacy settings. Don’t worry, it’s rare and often hides your content.
Here is how to fix the issue quickly and easily:
- When you are in the app, open the “Menu” tab
- Then go to the “Settings” section
- Once you’ve opened the settings look for a little pencil on the screen. It will allow you to change your app and profile settings. When you find it, simply click on it
- The next thing you will need to do is to upload the same profile picture again
- When you are done doing that, go back to the “Settings” section of the profile and then click on the “Account” section
- A new tab will open on your screen, you will need to look for the “Privacy” section, when you find it, click on it
- There you can just change the Privacy settings to “Everyone” so that the picture could be visible
Even if this method didn’t work for you, don’t worry, there’s still a chance that WhatsApp will “wake up” after reinstalling it. Try reinstalling the app and, if necessary, repeat the steps above.
Ho to see your friend’s profile picture
It’s another matter if you have a different problem – when you don’t see your friend’s profile picture. Then there could be several reasons. The first thing you need to figure out is whether the user has blocked you. Or you may have accidentally blocked them. If you haven’t done any of the above, the following steps may help:
- Restart your phone
- Try removing the contact and adding it again
- Clear the cache that the app makes on your phone. You can do that in the Settings of your phone Hoever, be careful while deleting the app’s data. You might accidentally delete the whole app’s data and then you will lose all of your conversations. When deleting, make sure you are only deleting the cache memory
- Your friend might have changed their privacy setting to Nobody so nobody can see their photo or profile information
- Maybe your friends don’t have the profile photo uploaded at all
- Your network could be the reason. Check your internet connection. This problem is usually temporary and it will fix itself. If not, try to restart your Wi-Fi router
How to unblock a friend via WhatsApp
However, if nothing helped, try to make sure that the contact isn’t blocked.
- While you are in the app, go to the Settings section of your profile
- Click on the Account section
- When the new tab opens click on Privacy, and then on Blocked contacts
- If you blocked someone, their phone number should show up on the screen
- Unblock them by clicking on the Unblock option next to their phone number
As you can see, all of these reasons in most cases can be caused by problems with WhatsApp. It shouldn’t happen often, but if it happens periodically, try to contact support and they may help you to solve the problem. Nevertheless, you already know how to do it yourself and continue communicating via Whatsapp with your profile photo.