TikTok has become an extremely popular video-making app. Its main advantage is that you can convey enough information in a short video to make it interesting to the person watching your video. The app has a built-in video editor that makes it easier and faster to edit your creative video.
If you have a lot of friends and subscribers on your profile, you’re more likely to have constant communication with your audience. Or you subscribe to your idols and want to watch every video they make. And to make sure you don’t miss a message or a new post, the app sends you special notifications. But what to do if TikTok suddenly stops sending you notifications. In this article, we’ll help you figure out how to fix this kind of problem.
How to fix TikTok notifications using settings
If you suddenly stop receiving notifications from TikTok, make sure notifications are turned on on your smartphone as well as in the app. To do this, go to your phone’s settings in the appropriate section. Or go to the app settings:
- Tap on “Me” and select “three dots” icon;
- Tap “Push notifications”;
- Switch the notifications on.
If all notifications are enabled, you should check the notifications on your phone. Android users can swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the “Apps” option. Then scroll down to TikTok and tap on “Notifications”. Make sure it says “Allowed”.
iOS users can also check TikTok notifications in the Settings app. Tap on “TikTok”, then tap on “Notifications”. Turn on the “Allow Notifications” toggle so that it turns green.
Once you’ve completed these instructions, you will receive notifications. But if not, here’s what the problem could be:
- It is possible that you’ve missed an update. Just check the App Store or Google Play for pending update;
- There may have been an error during installation that caused some of the application’s features to not work properly. In some cases, reinstalling the TikTok app helps;
- Finally, TikTok servers can be down. In such cases, you just have to wait patiently for the application to work stably.