When choosing Smart TVs, many users prefer to purchase Samsung TVs. Of course, there are many different devices for streaming, but one of the most popular is Apple TV. Sometimes users have trouble finding the Apple TV app on Samsung TVs. What to do in this case? Let’s find out.
The first thing you should know is that since 2015, Samsung has been using the Tizen operating system on its TVs. Therefore, need to develop a special application for Samsung TVs.
How to solve the problem with the Apple TV app on Samsung TV
First, it’s essential to know that not all Samsung TV models support the Apple TV app. This means that you will only be able to find Apple TV on some Samsung TVs. The app will be available on Samsung TVs starting in 2017. Depending on the country, there may also be restrictions on using Apple TV. Anyway, if you find Apple TV in your Samsung TV app store, that’s fine; you can install the app and watch Apple TV; here’s a list of TVs that support Apple TV.
Samsung TV and Apple TV compatibility list
|Year||Model TV||Version Tizen|
|2023||Neo QLED: QN800C, QN900C, QN85C, QN90C, QN95C|
QNED: Q60C, Q70C, Q80C, Q90C
CU7000, CU8000, CU9000
|2022||Neo QLED: QN800B, QN900B, QN85B, QN90B, QN95B|
QNED: Q50B, Q60B, Q70B, Q80B, Q90B
BU7000, BU8000, BU9000
|2021||QLED: QN900A, QN800A, QN700A , QN90A, QN80A, Q80A, Q70A, Q60A |
Life Style: LS**A
AU7000, AU8000, AU9000
|2020||Q800T, Q900T, LSR9, LS**T, Q60T, Q70T, Q80T, Q90T, TU7000, TU8000, TU9000|
|2019||Q900R, Q50R, Q60R, Q70R, Q80R, Q90R, LS**R, RU7000, RU8000, RU9000||Tizen 5.0|
|2018||NSxxxx, NUxxxx, series QxxNx, series LSxxNx, Q9FN||Tizen 4.0|
|2017||MS****, MU****, Q****||Tizen 3.0|
So as you realize, Samsung TVs that have the operating system Tizen 3.0 or later, on such TVs, you will find the Apple TV app in the store.
I can’t find the Apple TV app on my Samsung TV
Consider this situation: you are looking for an app on your Samsung TV. But it does not have Apple TV; as I said before, Apple TV might not be available in your country. So check which country is selected in your TV settings. Check which version of Tizen is installed on your TV. For example, the 2018 NU7000 TV is built on an older chassis version and has a Tizen 2.4 operating system. 2017 MU6100 TV is also made on the outdated Tizen 2.4 platform. As you can understand, no one will throw away components produced more than necessary; just a new TV model will be made but on the old platform. You won’t find Apple TV on such TVs.
How to find out which version of Tizen is installed on your Samsung TV
Tizen is the commercial name of the operating system. You can’t find the version in the TV menu; even if you go to the TV menu, you will find the firmware number or the software version number, but you can’t find the Tizen version. But you can find out what version of Tizen you have from the model number and operating system correspondence table. Here is an article on the Samsung TV operating system by year. There you will find the version number of Tizen.
Why the Apple TV app may not work on Samsung TV
Suppose the Apple TV app does not work on your Samsung TV. The following reasons can cause this.
- Not enough RAM available for the app to work.
- An error in the temporary files.
- An error in the application itself.
To restart the application, try the following steps.
- Clear the TV cache by holding down the power button on the TV remote control for at least 20 seconds when you turn on the TV. The remote control must be pointed at the TV. The TV’s cache memory will be cleared. Check if Apple TV works; if not, go to the next step. But 90% of the time, the app will work.
- You can reset the current cache by turning off the TV and unplugging the power supply. After 2 minutes, the power supply will discharge, and the RAM will be cleared.
- Remove the app from the active apps, then reinstall it; if, for some reason, the app doesn’t work, removing and overwriting will get the app files working again. But you will have to re-enter your account.
- Do a factory reset, but as practice shows, if the first points don’t help, it will probably be useless but will require you to make an effort to set up your TV, as it will become like out of the box.
My TV doesn’t have the Apple TV app on it; how do I get it.
Apple TV is supported on other media devices that you can connect to your TV via HDMI and watch Apple TV. Here’s a list of devices on which Apple TV is available.
Amazon Fire TV with access to Apple TV
- Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
- Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016)
- Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
- Fire TV Stick Lite (2020)
- Fire TV Stick – Gen 3 (2020)
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2021)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 2)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 1)
- Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017)
- Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV
PlayStation with access to Apple TV
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
Xbox with access to Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series S
Roku Xbox with access to Apple TV (Via AirPlay 2)
- Roku Express (2017, 2019)
- Roku Express+ (2017, 2019)
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streambar
- Roku Streambar Pro
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick+
- Roku Streaming Stick+ Headphone Edition
- Roku Ultra (2019, 2020)
- Roku Ultra LT
- Roku 3 (2013)