One of the new features of iOS 16 is the search for duplicate contacts and photos. Your iPhone can find clones of your photos and contacts on its own. This works to save your device storage and time to clear this data.
Previously, many people used third-party apps to clean up unwanted data, but now you can do it faster. You don’t need to download additional apps.
How to find contact duplicates on an iPhone
Search for contact duplicates on an iPhone will allow you to build information on your device. It’s also faster to find the right contact. Along with this, your iPhone will no longer display ‘Name or Name’ during the call, which is how contact duplicates were displayed on the screen during the call.
So in order to find contact duplicates on an iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to find contact duplicates on an iPhone is to open the contacts app.
- Then at the top click on View Duplicates. This button will be available if you have contact duplicates on an iPhone.
- Next, select Merge All.
- Then confirm your actions.
After completing these steps, you will see ‘Duplicates resolved’ on your screen.
- How to turn on captchas bypassing on iPhone or iPad
- How to use remote control with your Apple devices
- How to сut out objects from photos on iPhone or iPad
How to find photo duplicates on an iPhone
In my opinion, the function to search for photo duplicates on an iPhone is a much-needed option. Most people have photos that take up most of the memory on their devices. Since not everyone cleans the film manually after taking a few duplicates. Therefore, the photo duplicates search function will be useful for many people. So the new method on the iPhone which uses machine learning and gives you accurate information about photo duplicates will be needed by everyone.
Along with that, many people with the release of this feature want to figure out if iCloud recognizes duplicate photos. Unfortunately at the moment, iCloud Photos doesn’t recognize if there are copies of the same images in the camera roll. Since iCloud Photos backs up all photos saved on the iPhone.
In order to find photo duplicates on an iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to find photo duplicates on an iPhone is to open the Photos app.
- After that, open the Albums section.
- The next step is to scroll down a bit and select Duplicates album.
- Then the next step is to click on Merge. With this step you will be able to make one picture from two pictures.
- The testamentary step is to confirm your actions. Click on Merge 2 Items.
After finding photo duplicates on your iPhone, you can delete them. Your photo access won’t be lost after that. You will be able to scroll through and select the photos you want to return. Because after deleting duplicate photos, they will all be moved to the “Recently Deleted” folder, and then you can delete them permanently at any time.
Also recently on the iPhone there is a function to duplicate photos. Practically it’s the opposite of the steps you followed. It works in such a way that you select the desired for you here and click on Duplicate. This allows you to create an absolute copy of the picture. This may be necessary if you are experimenting with photo editing.