Roku is a company that produces set-top boxes that turn an ordinary TV into a “smart” one. The devices are connected to the Internet and allow you to watch programs, movies, and TV series in apps or online cinema websites.
Sometimes it happens that your streaming device doesn’t work correctly. In this case, resetting to factory settings can help. But before resetting your device to factory settings, try rebooting it first. Maybe that will fix the problem.
If not, I’ll tell you in this article how to reset your Roku to factory settings.
How to reset a Roku device to factory settings
If you want to reset your Roku streaming device to factory settings, you have to follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to open the home screen.
- Go to the Settings menu by scrolling up or down until you find it.
- Select System.
- After that, choose Advanced system settings.
- Click Factory reset from the available menu items.
- Select Factory reset everything, and follow the on-screen instructions of the reset wizard that appears.
How to reset hardware on Roku
You can also reset your Roku device with a hardware reset option. Most new devices have a reset button. Other devices have a pinhole button. So, to make a hardware reset, just follow these steps:
- Search for the reset button on the outside of the Roku. This will either be a tactile button or a button with a hole.
- Press and hold the button for 10-20 seconds. If your device has a reset pinhole button, you will need an object, such as a paper clip or pin, to press and hold the button.
- Most Roku devices have an indicator light that will flash quickly when the reset is complete.
Once your device has been reset, it should launch the home screen. After that, you can sign in to your Roku account on your PC or mobile device. Your Roku channels will start downloading after your device is added to your account. You will have to sign back into all channel apps.
- What is the difference between Roku TV and Smart TV?
- How to watch YouTube on Roku
- How to cancel Paramount Plus on Roku
How to reset the network connection on Roku
Resetting the network settings may be necessary if you are having problems with multiple streaming channels. In addition, you can also use this option if your Roku voice remote isn’t responding after replacing the batteries.
Before doing this, check the physical buttons on your TV and confirm that they work. To reset the network settings on Roku, you can follow these steps:
- Press Home on your Roku remote control and navigate to Settings.
- Then go to Advanced system settings.
- After that, select Network connection reset.
- Finally, select Reset connection.
That’s it. Now your Roku device will reboot. The only thing you need to do in the end is set up your wireless network again in the Settings menu.