For many people, watching video content from a streaming is more convenient through an app than a browser. But not all laptops support the Netflix app. More precisely, there is no way to install the app on the Mac now. Because it is not available in the AppStore. Also, there is no link to install it on the Netflix downloads page.
But you can install the app on a laptop with a Windows operating system or a Chromebook. To understand how to do this, you need to follow the following tips.
What to do to download Netflix app on your Windows laptop?
You can download the Netflix app on computers running Windows 8 or later. To download the Netflix app on your Windows laptop, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Store app on your Windows laptop.
- Search for “Netflix” in the search bar.
- Click on the Netflix app, and then click the “Get” or “Install” button.
- Once the app is installed, click on the “Launch” button to start the Netflix app.
You can also watch Netflix using a browser. To watch Netflix without the app, go to netflix.com. This way, you can save time and watch Netflix without the app.
Can you get the Netflix app on Mac?
The Netflix app is not available for the Mac. You cannot install the Netflix app using AppStore. There is also no link available on the official Netflix website to install the app on Mac.
In this case, Mac users have only to watch Netflix. To watch Netflix on your Mac, open a web browser such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, and go to the Netflix website. Log into your account and stream movies and serials.
What to do to download Netflix app on your Chromebook?
If you’re a Chromebook user, your luck that the Netflix app is available on your device. To download it, here’s what to do:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Chromebook.
- Search for “Netflix” in the search bar.
- Click on the Netflix app, and then click the “Install” button.
- Wait for the app to download.
- Once the installation is complete, click the “Open” button to launch the Netflix app.
The Netflix app is available on Chromebooks running Chrome OS 53 or later that support Google Play Store. If your Chromebook does not meet this requirement, you can still watch Netflix in your web browser.
How to create a Netflix account
Once you have installed the Netflix app on your laptop or opened the Netflix page in your browser, you will need to create a Netflix account or log in. The steps to create a Netflix account are the same whether you use an app or a browser. To create a Netflix account on your laptop, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix app on your laptop or page on the browser.
- Click the “Sing In” button in the upper right corner of the app.
- Select the type of Netflix plan you would like to sign up for.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Fill in your personal information, including your name and billing information.
- Click the “Start Membership” button.
Once you have completed these steps, you can start streaming using the Netflix app on your laptop. To log in to your Netflix account in the future, open the Netflix app on your laptop and enter your email address and password.
You need a valid payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal account. You will be charged automatically at the end of the free trial unless you cancel your subscription.
What devices support the Netflix app?
The Netflix app is available on a wide range of devices, including:
- Smart TVs from various manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, and Sony
- Streaming media players, such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV
- Game consoles, such as Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch
- Mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets running iOS and Android
- Laptops and desktop computers running Windows 10
- Some Blu-ray players and set-top boxes
The availability of the Netflix app on a specific device may vary depending on the device manufacturer and operating system.
How much does a Netflix subscription cost?
Netflix offers three different subscription plans:
Netflix Basic with Ads
$6.99 per month, including standard definition (SD) streaming on a single device. Ads are included in the content.
$9.99 per month, including standard definition (SD) streaming on a single device.
$15.49 monthly, including high-definition (HD) streaming on two devices simultaneously.
$19.99 per month, includes HD and ultra-high definition (UHD) streaming on four devices simultaneously.
All Netflix subscription plans provide unlimited access to the library of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more. The cost of a Netflix subscription may vary depending on your location and the plan you choose.