Apple Watch is one of the best devices for tracking your workouts and your health. The Apple Watch tracks and analyzes any workout or activity and presents the data to you in the handy Activity and Health apps. However, it’s not uncommon for you to accidentally record a workout.
This is unfortunate, as that extra workout will spoil your overall stats and will clearly be irrelevant to your overall workout list. In that case, the best solution is to remove that workout from your watch.
However, you will need your iPhone to delete the workout, and it isn’t possible to do it using only Apple Watch. To completely erase your workout from Apple Watch you need to delete it from the Activity app and the Health app, here’s how.
How can you remove a workout from the Activity app?
Activity is a fitness app that allows you to keep track of your calories burned while walking or doing sports or physical activity and to share your results with friends. There are situations when you need to delete a workout in the Activity app and for this you need:
- You need to run the Activity/Fitness app on your iPhone, if you don’t have it by default, download it from the App Store.
- After launching, you can see a list of workouts in the history tab, but you can’t remove a workout from there.
- Click on the workouts tab at the bottom of the screen. (If you don’t have a workout tab at the bottom of the app, it means that not enough data is stored in the Activity app to predict your trends. In that case, you will see a list of workouts in the summary tab).
- Click on “Show More” located next to the Workouts section.
- Swipe to the left on the workout you want to delete.
- Then click the “Delete” button.
Choose one of the following options:
- “Delete workout and data” (if you also want to delete workout data from the Health app).
- “Delete workout only” (if you want to delete workout data deleted from the Activity app).
Once you click one of the options, the workout data will be permanently deleted and the changes will sync with your Apple Watch.
How can you delete a workout from the Health app?
The Health app collects health data from your iPhone and Apple Watch, as well as from third-party apps, so you can view all your vitals in one easy-to-use interface. Your training data is also transferred to the Health app, and if you don’t want this data to remain in the app you need to:
- Open the “Health app“ on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the end of the “Favorites” section and tap “Workouts” .
- If you don’t find it, tap “Show all health data” and select “Workouts”.
- Scroll down and press “Show all data”.
- Swipe to the left on the workout you want to delete. Click on the red “Delete” button.
Then choose one of the following options:
- “Delete workout and data” in case you want to delete the health data recorded during that workout.
- “Delete workout only” in case you want the workout to be deleted from the Health app.
As mentioned earlier, once you click on one of the options, the workout data will be deleted and the changes will sync with your Apple Watch.
How to edit an Apple Watch workout
There are situations when you don’t want to delete the workout completely, but you need to adjust some workout data.
This may come in handy in a situation where there is a false heart rate reading, which, sometimes happens and is just an error. To correct incorrect data you need to:
- Go to the Home screen of the “Health” app
- Find the workout you want to edit
- Tap it to open the “Details” screen.
- At the top of this screen, you’ll see sample details and device details.
- Scroll through them to find the workout samples there to see energy (in calories), heart rate and (for some workout types) steps and distance.
- Once you click on one of the sample types, you will see a complete list of all samples taken during the workout.
- You can delete a sample or edit it if you want.
The only type of sample that cannot be edited is the coordinates of your location.