There are many cases when your calendar events come up, even if they aren’t necessary now. In this case, users want to delete those events from their Calendar on iPhone. It’s a quite simple process.
How to remove calendar events on your iPhone
Apple’s Calendar app can be used to make it more convenient to have a plan of your day, especially if you’re an active Apple user. Sometimes, plans aren’t going as you want, so it would be better to delete them from your planning app. So, if you want to remove calendar events on your iPhone, you should follow:
You can delete individual events you’ve created. To do that, you should click on the event and choose Delete Event at the bottom of the screen.
In case it’s a repeating event, there will be an option to either delete the chosen event or all future events as well.
If you want to delete shared events or calendars, you should use other methods.
How to delete a shared calendar event
If you have been invited to a shared event, you won’t be able to delete it, but it’s possible not to see it anymore. To do that, you should:
- First of all, you should open the Calendar app and find the event that you want to have deleted.
- Then, you should tap on Decline for the invitation response.
How to delete an entire calendar
If you want to remove an entire calendar, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Calendar app.
- After that, you should head to the bottom of your screen and click on Calendars to show the calendars that are now synced to the app.
- Then, you should click on the calendar that you want to be deleted. Click on the info button to the right of it.
- After that, you should tap on the Delete Calendar button.
- There would be a message displayed asking you to verify your choice to delete the calendar in question.
- To finish the process, you should tap on Delete Calendar again to completely delete.
How iPhone Calendar spam works
If you have recently visited some websites with many pop-ups, you may start receiving the Calendar spam messages. These sorts of websites are often insinuated with code that redirects users to malicious web pages.
Whenever you visit a site contaminated with such code, you may experience a message identical to the ones below encouraging you to subscribe to a spam calendar.
Since you subscribe to it, your device will start to receive Calendar notifications. They will often appear every few minutes.
The notifications promote dangerous websites and most often have the following names or something similar:
- Apple Support: You need to download protection
- Your iPhone is severely damaged by viruses
- You won an iPhone
- Urgent: Your Data and Browsing Activity are exposed
- DATA OVERLOADING!!!!
- Your Device May Be Infected
- Virus Alert – Check protection
- Your iCloud HACKED
- System Critical Alert!
- Your Tab May Be Damaged
- Warning: Scan your device now!
If you were to click on one of the notifications, the website you would be led to would almost certainly be unrelated to the message in the Calendar notification.
How to remove spam Calendar events
If you want to delete spam Calendar events, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
iOS 14.6 and later
- Open the Calendars app.
- Tap on the spam Calendar event.
- Select the Unsubscribe from this Calendar button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Unsubscribe to confirm.
Earlier versions of iOS
- Open the Calendar app.
- Tap on Calendars at the bottom of the screen.
- Search for a calendar you’re unfamiliar with and choose the More Info button next to it, then scroll down and tap on Delete Calendar.
As you can see, if you want to get rid of some Calendar events on your iPhone, you shouldn’t face any problems, as the process is straightforward.