Today, working with documents is much easier than it was before. There are hundreds of apps that make it as easy as possible for users to work with any kind of document. Including PDF files.
You can edit documents even with your smartphone. Agree that it’s quite convenient when you can do the tasks you need to do with your phone.
With document apps, you can easily modify documents, put any labels, or copy the right chunks of text. You can even do this with the built-in programs and features in your iPhone.
However, what if you need to sign an important document quickly and you don’t have a printer handy to print and sign it manually? Apple has found a solution to this problem. Today you can sign your document with the help of your iPhone.
How to sign a PDF file with your iPhone
It’s actually very easy to do and you don’t even need any third-party apps to do it. You can do it using your iPhone’s built-in editing features. To do this you will need:
- Download a PDF document to your smartphone.
- Then go to the Files app and find the document you need.
- Simply open it for viewing.
- Then you need to click on the blue pencil button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- This will open a menu for editing images and documents.
- Here you can select the Pen tool and sign anywhere with a touch.
- You can also click on the + button in the bottom right corner.
- Select Signature in the drop-down menu.
- In front of you will be available your signatures. If you haven’t added any signatures yet, a menu will open where you have to sign with your finger.
- Then the signature will appear on top of the document, you can zoom in and out and move it to any part of the screen.
- At the end, when you’re ready, just click Done to save your changes.
Note that the signature created with this method will be saved and you can also use it for future documents or when editing different pictures or screenshots. It’s very convenient and allows you to quickly add your signature wherever you want.
How to sign a PDF document using a PC
If you use a PC instead of your phone, you also have the possibility to put your unique signature on a needed document in PDF. It’s quite simple and you can do it using a standard Windows browser – Microsoft Edge. To do this you will need:
- Download your PDF file.
- Then find it in your File System.
- Right-click on it and select Open with.
- Specify as the program to open Microsoft Edge.
- Once the document is open in your browser you need to click on the pencil icon at the top of the program.
- This will give you access to the drawing function. If you have a touch screen you can sign by touch, otherwise, you can do it with your mouse and cursor.
- When you’re done you just need to save the document.
It’s an easy way to sign. However, it implies that you have to sign the documents you want manually every time. It might not be very handy if you sign electronic documents often.
How to leave a signature in a PDF file using MAC
Apart from iPhones, Apple has its own computers called MACs and they’re controlled by Apple’s own operating system called macOS. It has added quite a few useful features to its operating system.
There is also a built-in way to leave signatures in the documents you need RDF. It’s pretty easy to do. To do it you need:
- Download or create the PDF file you need.
- Then find it in the file system and open it using the standard Preview app.
- Open the Markup tool. You can do this by clicking on the blue Pens button. It’s located in the upper-right corner of the program.
- You can also select it by clicking on the View button and then Show Markup Toolbar.
- After you need to click on the Signature icon.
- This is where you will need to create your own signature, using your mouse, your phone or your camera. For example, you can manually write your signature on a white piece of paper and hold it up to the camera so it scans.
- Then you can add your signature to the document, change its size or location.
- In the end, you only need to save the document and close it.
Using these simple steps you can add signatures to your documents from almost any device. As you can see it’s pretty easy to do and you can use built-in features of your system.