It’s considered that if the network doesn’t show its name, you aren’t able to connect to it. That’s not true. There are several ways to connect to a hidden WiFi network.
It’s already known that if you hide the name of your network, it doesn’t mean that it would be secure. Actually, the process of joining the hidden network is simple enough. The only things that are required are the name of the network and the password.
How to join the hidden WiFi in the Windows 10 Taskbar
If you want to join the hidden WiFi in the Windows 10 Taskbar, you should follow the steps which are mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should look for the network icon (a globe icon) on your Windows taskbar and tap on it.
- After that, you will see that the menu will be displayed. There, you should click on “Hidden Network.”
- Then, you will see the menu that will open after clicking on the “Hidden Network” section. There, you should tap on “Connect” to be able to join the hidden Wi-Fi network.
- You will be asked to fill in your hidden Wi-Fi network’s name. Then, you should tap on the text field in the section and type that name. After that, you should click on “Next.”
- In case your WiFi network has a password, you should tap on the text field which is located in the “Hidden Network” section and then you should fill in the password. After that, you should tap on “Next.”
- In the end, you will be asked whether you would like to make your PC discoverable on your hidden Wi-Fi network or not. There will be the Microsoft recommendation, to tap on “Yes” if you’re on a home network, displayed. If you’re on a public network (like cafes), click the “No” option.
That’s all, after the process has been completed, your device will be connected to the hidden WiFi network.
How to join the hidden WiFi via Windows 10 Settings
There is one more way to join the hidden WiFi. To do that, the only thing that would be required is the Settings app. This app gives you an opportunity to save your WiFi network’s details and your device will automatically join the network.
So, if you want to connect to the hidden WiFi via Windows 10 Settings, you should follow the steps which would be displayed in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Settings app on your PC. To do that, you should click on Windows+i keys at the same time.
- After that, you should take a look at the Settings window. There, you should tap on “Network & Internet.”
- Then, you will see that the Network & Internet screen is displayed. There, you should click on “Wi-Fi.”
- Next, you should look at the right side of the window and tap on the “Manage Known Networks” option.
- On this page you will see the list of your saved WiFi networks. There, you should tae a look at the top of the screen and find there the “Add a New Network” option to add your hidden Wi-Fi network to the list.
- After that, an “Add a New Network” window will be opened.
- Next, you should head to this window and there you should tap on the “Network Name” section and fill in your Wi-Fi network’s name (SSID.) After that, you should tap on the “Security Type” drop-down menu and then select an option. In case you still don’t know or didn’t decide what to choose, you may select “WPA2-Personal AES” which should work for most networks.
- Next, you should tap on the “Security Key” section and then you should fill in your network’s password. Then, you should switch on both “Connect Automatically” and “Connect Even If This Network is Not Broadcasting” options.
- To complete the process, you should tap on “Save“, which is located at the bottom of the window, in order to save your network details.
Since then, your Windows 10 PC will be connected to the hidden WiFi network.