Today, the competition in the smart TV market is very high. And to choose a really worthwhile TV that suits your preferences and that looks good in your home, you need to spend a little more time than usual. Many TVs also have 4K resolution with UHD and HDR capabilities.
Vizio Smart TV is one of the leaders in the smart TV market. If you want quality pictures and sound, this brand of TV is definitely the right one for you. Speaking more specifically about sound, Vizio TVs have built-in speakers. Sometimes Vizio offers so-called soundbars, which you can easily connect to your smart TV, and the sound quality will be much higher than usual. So-called home theater systems are also available. Connecting external speakers or a soundbar will provide surround sound. So, here is how to connect speakers to Vizio Smart TV.
How to connect Bluetooth soundbar to Vizio Smart TV
Vizio Smart TVs come with Bluetooth LE. This is Bluetooth with low power consumption. Therefore, it cannot establish a successful connection with a Bluetooth soundbar. However, you can pair your smartphone with the Vizio TV. The Bluetooth function on your Vizio TV serves mainly to connect with the VIZIO SmartCast app on your mobile or tablet computer. You can use this app as a remote control to control your Vizio TV from your phone.
How to connect a soundbar to Vizio Smart TV using S/PDIF cable
The S/PDIF cable has two channels for digital audio. One is compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound, and the other is uncompressed PCM. This cable transmits high-definition sound. It reduces unnecessary noise to zero. So you get a smooth sound stream. So, if you want to connect your soundbar to Vizio Smart TV using the S/PDIF cable, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure that your Vizio Smart TV and soundbar are turned off.
- Then, search for the “S/PDIF” or “Opical port” on your Smart TV. You can find them at the rear side of the Vizio Smart TV.
- Plug one end of the S/PDIF cable into the audio port on the TV.
- After that, locate the S/PDIF port on the back of your soundbar and connect the other end of the cable to that port.
- Plug the power cord of the soundbar into an electrical outlet to turn it on. Also turn on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Choose the S/PDIF input on the soundbar by pressing the appropriate button on the soundbar or remote control.
If you want to connect an external soundbar, you must disconnect the internal speakers of the TV. To do this, you have to follow these steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on the Vizio TV remote control. The menu options will appear on the TV screen.
- Press the right arrow button to scroll to the “Audio” options.
- Then, press the down arrow button and select “Speakers”.
- Finally, you will see the status of the speaker “On”. Change the speaker status to “Off” by pressing the right arrow button.
Once you have completed these steps, the internal speakers will be disabled and the audio will be sent to the soundbar.
How to connect a soundbar to Vizio Smart TV using an analog cable
The analog cable is used to transmit analog signals from the TV to the speaker or soundbar. So, if you want to connect your soundbar to Vizio Smart TV using an analog cable, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, make sure that your Vizio Smart TV and soundbar are turned off.
- Search for the “Analog” port at the rear side of your Vizio Smart TV.
- Plug one end of the RCA/Analog cable into this port on the TV.
- Locate the “Input 1” or “Input 2” ports on the back of your soundbar.
- Then, plug the other end of the RCA/Analog cable into either input port.
- Now, turn on the Smart TV and soundbar.
- Finally, press the “Input” button on the soundbar or its remote control and choose the TV as an input device.
As before, to connect an external soundbar, you must turn off the TV’s internal speakers. To do this, follow the same steps mentioned above.