There are several ways to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your PS4. You can use the PS4’s built-in Bluetooth. You will need to use the settings to do this. Or you can use a USB Bluetooth adapter if your keyboard does not have built-in Bluetooth. After connecting the Bluetooth keyboard to PS4, you must select the control method in the game.
What does to connect your mouse and keyboard?
To connect a USB mouse or keyboard to your PS4, you should:
- Connect it to the PS4’s USB port. You’ll find two USB ports on the front of your console. These are the same ports you use to charge your PS4 controllers. If it’s a wireless USB mouse or keyboard, you should connect the wireless dongle to the USB port instead. Your PS4 will take a moment to recognize the device, but it should work after a few seconds.
- A wireless Bluetooth mouse or keyboard also may be connected to your PlayStation 4. Bluetooth is standardized, so any Bluetooth mouse or keyboard should work. You don’t need mice and keyboards marketed just for the PS4 or game consoles.
What to do to connect the Bluetooth device to your PS4?
To connect your PS4 to a Bluetooth device, you should:
- First, you should open the Settings screen on your console.
- Then, tap “Devices” and click “Bluetooth Devices.”
- After that, you should put your mouse or keyboard into pairing mode, and it will be displayed on this screen, ready for your PS4 to connect to.
Once your device is paired with your PS4, you can start using it. Keep in mind that not all Bluetooth devices are compatible with PS4.
How to play games using a mouse and keyboard?
To play games on PS4 using a mouse and keyboard, you must ensure that the game you want supports mouse and keyboard input. Once you’ve confirmed that the game is compatible, here are the steps to get started:
- Connect your mouse and keyboard to your PS4 using one of the methods mentioned in the previous question.
- Start the game you want to play.
- Go to the game’s settings or options menu and look for an option to enable mouse and keyboard input. This option may be called “Controller Configuration” or something similar.
- Select the option to enable mouse and keyboard input and configure your controls as desired.
- Save your changes and start playing the game with your mouse and keyboard.
Not all games on PS4 support mouse and keyboard input, and some games may require additional setup or configuration to use these input methods.
Is using a mouse and keyboard with the PS4 more comfortable than using a controller?
Whether using a mouse and keyboard or a controller on PS4 depends on personal preference and the game being played. Generally, a controller is designed for gaming and is often more comfortable to hold for extended periods. In some games, it also allows for more precise movement and control over character or camera movement.
On the other hand, a mouse and keyboard offer more precise and quicker control for specific game genres, such as first-person shooters and real-time strategy games. The mouse’s ability to move the cursor quickly and accurately can make aiming and targeting easier in games, while a keyboard allows for more keys to be mapped for different actions and shortcuts.
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and the type of game being played. Some players may prefer the familiarity and comfort of a controller, while others may prefer the precision and control of a mouse and keyboard.
What games support a Bluetooth keyboard using the PS4?
Many games on PS4 support Bluetooth keyboards, but not all. Here are some popular examples of games that support Bluetooth keyboard input on the PS4:
- The Sims 4
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- DC Universe Online
- Elder Scrolls Online
- House Flipper
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- They Are Billions
- War Thunder
This list is not exhaustive, and other games may support Bluetooth keyboard input on the PS4.