Twitch is a world-famous video streaming service. It hosts live computer championships, game streaming, and video tutorials. In addition, users communicate in chats and exchange news, comment on the actions of gamers, and create personal channels. Anyone can register on the platform. You can also diversify your personal profile and make its design. More specifically, you can change the color of your chat nickname. Sometimes changes are not only important in life, but also in your gaming life. If you are a streamer, you have to make changes all the time, so changing your username color in twitch is a simple task.
So, here is how to change your username color on Twitch in a few easy steps.
How to change username color on Twitch on desktop
The Twitch chat options have several colors that you can choose to change the color of your Twitch username. A total of 15 colors are available for you to use for free to change the color of your Twitch username. To get more colors, you need to subscribe to Twitch Turbo, or you can also access additional colors with an Amazon Prime subscription. Twitch provides many chat options, such as changing the size and color of your Twitch chat font. There are two different methods by which you can change the color of a name on Twitch:
- Twitch Chat Identity.
- Using special command.
How to change username on Twitch using Chat Identity
If you want to change your username color on Twitch using Chat Identity, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Twitch official website.
- Then, select the stream you want to enjoy.
- Navigate to the chatbox and click on the “star” icon left to the text field to open the “Chat Identity” option.
- After that, scroll down in the “Chat Identity” box and search for the “Global Name Color” section.
- You will see different colors. If you click on them one by one, you can see a preview of your username in the “Identity Preview” section.
- Finally, depending on what you prefer, make one last click and go back. That’s it.
Once you have completed these steps, your username will be displayed in a new color on Twitch.
How to change username on Twitch using special command
If you want to change your username on Twitch using a special command, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the Twitch official website on your desktop and sign in to your account, if necessary.
- After that, select the stream you want to enjoy and opent the chatbox.
- In the chat, enter the “/color red” command (you can choose red color for example) and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
Once you have completed these steps, you can send any message in the Twitch chat and you will see that your Twitch username color has been changed.
If you want to change the color of your username on Twitch on your mobile device, you can also repeat these steps. Just enter the command mentioned above in the chat and your username color will be changed.