AirPods are very comfortable, high quality, and popular wireless earphones among Apple fans. Many people buy these earphones not to worry about setting them up, but just to connect them via Bluetooth to their smartphone and listen to songs of their favorite artists.
But also many people may not even realize that the Airpods can be customized a little bit. In fact, you can change the name of your wireless earphones to whatever you want.
Once you start using a new pair of AirPods, your iPhone or Mac automatically gives them the default name of “*Your Name*’s AirPods. For example, it can be “Siri’s AirPods”. This helps give them an identity right from the start.
But you may always want to change the name of your AirPods to be able to distinguish them from other wireless Apple earphones you use, or just for fun. In this article, we are going to tell you how to do it on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and even Android.
How to change AirPods name on iPhone or iPad
If you want to change your AirPods name on your iPhone or iPad, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, connect the AirPods to your iPhone or iPad;
- Then, navigate to your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app;
- Choose “Bluetooth”;
- Tap the info icon next to your AirPods;
- Select “Name”;
- Enter the desired name and tap “Done”;
- Go back to the previous screen to save changes.
You’ll immediately see the updated AirPods name everywhere – in notifications, in the list of Bluetooth devices, etc. This change is also supposed to appear on other Apple devices, so you don’t have to repeat the whole process.
How to change AirPods name on a Mac
If you want to change your AirPods name on your Mac, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, connect the AirPods to your Mac;
- Navigate to the Apple menu and open “System Preferences”;
- Choose “Bluetooth”;
- Control-click your AirPods and select the “Rename” option;
- After that, enter the name you want to use;
- Then, click “Rename” and save the changes;
- Finally, exit the Bluetooth settings pane.
An updated AirPods name should appear everywhere on your Mac, as well as on other iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices you use.
How to change AirPods name on Android device
If you want to rename AirPods with your Android phone, you don’t even need to connect to the earphones to change the name. It is surprisingly easier to change your AirPods name on your Android device than on an Apple device. So, if you want to change it, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open Settings;
- Go to the “Connected devices”;
- Look for your AirPods in the menu of previously connected devices;
- Tap the settings bar on the right side of the screen;
- Tap the pencil icon to change a name of device;
- Enter the desired name and tap “Rename”.