Like any other peer-to-peer payment application, Cash App allows users to connect a bank card or even a bank account to their account. However, if you have stopped using your card or need to replace it with a new one, it will be pretty easy to do this in Cash App, but the steps to do this may not be evident to new users.
How to remove or replace a card on Cash App
If for some reason, your card is no longer active or you want to use another card, you can replace it at any time right in the Cash app on your device. Just follow these simple steps to do so:
- Open Cash App on your smartphone.
- Sign in to your Cash App account and tap My Cash in the lower left corner.
- Then go to Linked Accounts.
- You must choose your linked debit card and select Replace Card or Remove Сard to delete it.
- Enter your new debit card number and tap Next.
- To finish the process, fill in your debit card’s expiration date, CVV, and ZIP code and tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
A common question with new users is whether you can link a credit card to your Cash App account. Don’t worry; you can link debit and credit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover to your account. Most prepaid cards are also supported, but depositing to these cards does not work.
It is also important to remember to enter all your card details correctly to avoid problems and errors in the future. Although Cash App will not authorize your card if you enter an incorrect card number and CVV code, you should double-check it to avoid risking your finances.
Why you may need to replace the card in Cash App
There are several reasons why you may need to replace the card in Cash App:
- Your card has expired: If your Cash App card has expired, you must replace it with a new one.
- Your card has been lost or stolen: If your Cash App card has been lost or stolen, you must replace it to protect your account from unauthorized transactions.
- You want to change your card information: If you have changed your bank account or credit card information, you must update your Cash App card with the new information.
- Your current card is damaged: If your current Cash App card is damaged or has stopped working, you may need to replace it to continue using it.
To replace your Cash App card, you can order a new one through the app by following the instructions provided. You may need to provide personal and financial information to verify your identity and link your new card to your account.
Can you add an additional debit card to Cash App?
You cannot add an additional debit card to your Cash App account. Cash App only allows you to link one debit card to your account.
However, you can add a bank account to your Cash App account as an alternative option. Linking a bank account to your Cash App account allows you to quickly transfer money between your bank account and your Cash App account. It also allows you to add funds to your Cash App account from your bank account.
To add a bank account to your Cash App account, you must provide your bank’s routing number and account number. Once you have added your bank account, you can easily switch between your linked debit card and bank account to complete transactions.
How to use a bank account instead of a card in Cash app
As an alternative to your card, you can connect your bank account to your Cash account. This way, you can add an additional account to the app to make it easier to manage your finances. To do this, you need to:
- First, tap on the Profile Icon on your Cash App home screen.
- Select Linked Banks and tap on Link Bank.
- Enter your bank account information, including your routing number and account number.
- Tap on Add Bank Account and follow the instructions to verify your account.
Once your bank account is linked to your Cash App account, you can use it to send and receive money. When you receive money in your Cash App account, it will be automatically transferred to your linked bank account if you have enabled automatic deposits.
You can manually transfer the funds to your bank account if you haven’t enabled automatic deposits. It’s important to note that while using a bank account for transactions on Cash App is free, processing the transactions may take longer than using a debit card.