Electronic devices have a propensity to run into problems, these can be uncomplicated minor issues that can be fixed by restarting the device. Sometimes it can be a software update or a recently installed program that can continually cause random strange problems. Sometimes, users get a bit confused about the hardware. The same can be said for TVs.
Modern smart TVs are devices that have gained popularity for their broad spectrum of functions. They have long been able to do much more than just recreate the signal from the cable. Among the well-known manufacturers of Smart TVs is the company Hisense, many users after purchasing their TV wondered how to change the source on Hisense Smart TV. We’ll help you with this issue.
How to change the source on Hisense Smart TV
Changing sources is a quite frequent asked question, the source can be changed on your Samsung TV, Hisense TV, Roku TV, etc. Your Hisense TV is a universal device that can adapt several inputs. You could plug in a game console, a DVD player, and an external hard drive while still making space for the Blu-ray player. Your TV can even be used as your desktop monitor.
However, if there are so many devices available for connection, you should know how to move between them, and how to reposition from input A to input B quickly and efficiently.
If you’re an owner of a Hisense smart TV, you shouldn’t be afraid of changing the input, as it’s quite simple. Android is used by Hisense Smart TVs for the core system, ensuring excellent compatibility with all Google services and apps. This gives you a chance to use new methods to alter the input that is usually not available in the traditional analogue/digital models.
How to change the input on a Hisense Smart TV
So, there are 2 ways to change the source on a Hisense Smart TV, keep on reading.
Use the Android Remote App for Hisense TVs
The Android Remote App for Hisense TVs gives you an opportunity to use your phone instead of the remote control. All the functions are kept in the phone, such as changing inputs, and channels, adjusting the volume, and much more.
You can tell your TV what to do using your voice. Moreover, you can use a touchpad to make navigation through the menus much more reflexive and responsive. It means that it would be more effective than pressing buttons. You’ll just need to do a swipe, to scroll through the menus without being limited by directional arrows.
The first step: Download and install the app on your phone
To begin with, you should install the app on your device. If you want to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Google Play Store or the App Store to download and install the app.
- After that, you should launch the app.
- Then, you should click on “Accept & continue” to agree to the app’s terms of service.
- Next, you should tap on “Hisense Smart TV” in the list of the available devices.
- To complete the process, you should fill in the app-generated PIN code to make a pair between the app and your Hisense TV.
The second step: Use the app to change the source on your TV
When the app and your Hisense Smart TV have been paired, you can do whatever you want with your TV. So, if you want to change the source on your TV, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- The easy text input method
To use this method, you should:
- First of all, you should click on the text input box and fill in “Input” on the virtual keyboard that would be displayed.
- After that, you should click on “Go.”
This should open the input options available on your TV where you can choose the preferred input.
- Using Voice Search
Voice search on the Android Remote App for Hisense TVs is a wonderful method to expedite searches. To use this way, you should click on the microphone icon in the top-right corner of the app and say a word or phrase correlated to the thing you’re searching for. Filters would automatically be enabled for your search based on the context of what you said. You can then choose from a list of results that meet your needs.
Use Google Assistant
Google Assistant is Google’s voice-activated system where Artificial Intelligence is used to run commands, reply to questions, or perform search questions. Of course, some people may turn it off as on Samsung TVs Samsung Voice Assistant or on Chromebook Voice Control, but it’s one of the features that is presented with the Google Home app. This service can be enabled in multiple ways. You can either say “OK Google” pursued by your command or click on it from the home screen.
If you want to use Google Assistant to change the input on your Hisense TV, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should download and install the Google Home app from Google Play or App Store.
- After that, you should make sure that your phone and Hisense TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After that, you’ll be able to see your TV in the app.
- To complete the process, you should click on the TV to pair it up with the app. Since then, you’ll be able to control your TV from the app.
How to change the source via a remote
So, there are two methods to change the source via a remote:
Use the Input button on your remote
The Input button is a dedicated button for switching between inputs that most Hisense TV models have. This button is commonly marked “Input,” “Source,” or something similar. If you want to change input using the input button, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should click on the “Source” button.
- After that, you’ll see the list of the available inputs displayed, you should use the up and down arrows to scroll through the list.
- To complete the process, you should choose the preferred source and then click on OK to connect.
- Does Hisense TV have Bluetooth
- How to download Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV and watch Disney content online
Use the Menu button on your remote
Some Hisense TV models don’t provide their remotes with an input button. You should open the system menu to access it. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap on the Menu button on your remote. By doing this, you’ll open the settings section of your TV.
- After that, you should scroll through the options and click on “Input.”
- Then, you should move up and down the input menu to choose the preferred option.
- To complete the process, you should tap on OK.
As you can see, there’s nothing difficult in changing the source.