The PlayStation 4 is one of the most iconic game consoles, and that’s not just because of its hardware, but also because of the great software, online services, and content in the PS Store.
Unfortunately, not everything offered on the PlayStation Store is available to every PS4 user. There may be content in one country that’s not available in other countries. Not surprisingly, many PS4 users would like to know how to change the country or region on their console to access games, content, or services that aren’t available in their own country.
Different users have different reasons for wanting to change the country or region of the PS4. You may want to change the region when you don’t have access to any content when you can not play games that haven’t yet been released in your region, but it’s in some other regions. It may also be because you can’t access other apps or streaming services from other countries, including Netflix.
Well, here’s how to change Netflix country on PS4 in a few easy steps.
How to check your PS4 region
Each time you sign in to your new PSN account, its region is the same as the PlayStation Store region. If you don’t know what region your PS Store is set to, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, open a web browser on your PC or mobile device.
- Navigate to the PlayStation official website and sign in to you PS account.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see your country/region.
How to change the country of Netflix on PS4 using a VPN
If you want to change the country/region of Netflix on your PS4 using a VPN, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, remove the Netflix app from your PS4.
- After that, choose the VPN service you prefer. It’s better to use a paid VPN service. In this case, there will be less chance that the VPN IP address will be banned by Netflix.
- Then, configure the router to the VPN address of the country for which you want to access Netlix.
- Next, download and install the Netflix app on your PS4 once again and sign in to your Netflix account.
- Finally, just find the show your want to watch and enjoy it.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to watch Netflix on your PS4.
How to change the country or region on PS4
Unfortunately, the PSN account can’t change your age and country/region.
The only way to change the region on PS4 is to create a new account. If you want to create a new PSN account using the website, which is very easy, you can follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your PC or mobile device.
- Then, navigate to the PlayStation official website and click “Sign In”.
- On the next page, create a new account.
- Enter your correct date of birth. Make sure you enter the correct information at this point to avoid problems or loss of access to your account in the future.
- After that, select the new country/region, state/province and language.
- Enter your email address and password. Before you do this, make sure your email address isn’t linked to any PlayStation or Sony account. Remember to also create a strong password for your new PSN account.
- Finally, click on the confirm button.
Once you have completed these steps, you will change the country/region on your PS4.
Can you use your PS4 in another country
Since Sony doesn’t prohibit PS4 users from moving their PS4s anywhere in the world, the answer is yes. The PS4 uses an internal “universal power supply”, which means that it can work with different voltage and frequency ratings in any country.
For example, if you brought your PS4 from the United States, which has a 120 V / 60 Hz standard, to Europe, where 220 V / 50 Hz is standard, you can still use it there. You just need to think about whether you need to protect the universal adapter if you find a different type of outlet at your destination.
Well, this way you can use your console almost anywhere you have an Internet connection and power.