Modern devices have many useful functions. And one of these functions is to cast the screen to another device, such as a laptop. You can do it on your Android device.
What do you need to cast an Android device screen to a laptop
Many people keep up with technology and buy all kinds of modern home appliances and other equipment. So, if you have a large PC or laptop screen, why strain and stare at the small screen of the smartphone to see photos, a movie, or play your favorite game.
Nowadays people use numerous devices daily and most of the gadgets come with compatibility with other devices which allow users to connect them and make their lives easy. Unfortunately, not all the devices are the same and you need to make some extra efforts to make them compatible with others. Mirroring Android or iOS devices to a laptop or PC screen should be an obvious feature but that isn’t the case.
There are a number of great reasons why you may want to mirror your phone or tablet to your PC. Doing so would allow you to not only get a bigger screen for viewing the content on your smartphone, but you can use your PC’s keyboard and mouse to respond to messages on mobile-only apps, navigate through your smartphone’s files, edit photos and even enjoy some Android gaming with a keyboard instead of on a touch screen, where supported.
Well, here’s how to cast an Android phone screen to a laptop.
What is Screen Casting
Screen Casting is a feature that gives users an opportunity to cast their Android or iOS devices on TV or laptop screens. This will allow users to exactly mirror the smartphone screen on the biggest display to enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your smaller device.
How to cast your Android Mobile Screen to a laptop
A new Connect app was introduced by Microsoft on Windows 10th Anniversary, this app gives users an opportunity to cast their Android smartphones on Windows 10 laptop or PC screen without any difficulties or third party app. If you want to cast an Android smartphone’s screen on your laptop you should do the steps that are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should head to the Settings option on the Windows PC or laptop.
- After that, you should choose System from the options.
- Then, you should scroll down and click on “Projecting to this PC”.
- Three options will be displayed.
- Next, the first option should be changed to “Available Everywhere”.
- Click on “First Time Only” which you may find in the second option.
- Then, if you don’t want to put any privacy pins, you should leave the last option.
- Keep in mind your laptop and your smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network in order to be able to cast your screen on your laptop.
- Now, take your phone and pull down the notification bar.
- Next, you should find the Screen Cast and enable it.
- You can see a pop-up search for the new device.
- It might take some time but it will find the laptop.
- After that, you should choose the laptop and give permission to cast your phone.
- Once it’s done you are good to go.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to cast your Android device screen to a laptop.
How to cast your iOS Mobile Screen to a laptop
iOS operating system and ecosystem are very secure and Apple is famous for them. The information below will help you to understand which steps you should do in order to cast your iOS mobile screen to a laptop. To do that you should follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- First, you should be sure that you have connected your iPhone and your Laptop to the same Wi-Fi network.
- After that, you should install an app called AirServer.
- After the app is installed, you should open the app on your laptop.
- Then, you should tap on Try in order to get 31 days of a free trial.
- Next, you have to get your iPhone and pull down the notification bar.
- Click on Screen Mirroring.
- You can find the laptop device or the model number.
- Click on it and you’re all set to go.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to cast your iOS device screen to a laptop.
How to mirror an Android phone’s screen to a Windows PC
- First of all, you should install and extract the scrcpy program on your Windows PC.
- Then, you should turn on USB Debugging on your Android phone, to do that, you need to click on Settings and find Developer options there.
- Connect your Windows PC with the phone via a USB cable.
- After that, click on “Allow USB Debugging” on your phone.
- On the PC, press “Ctrl + F” to mirror your phone in fullscreen.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to mirror your Android device screen to a Windows PC.
How to cast an image from the Android device to the TV screen
The televisions that are now available are very feature-rich and, like PCs, are capable of receiving images from smartphones using Miracast technology. This is very convenient if, for example, you decide to watch photos or videos from your phone on the big screen. It’s no more complicated to send an image to a TV set than it’s to a PC:
- Connect the TV to Wi-Fi, go to the menu and select “Screen Duplicating” (may be called differently on different models).
- Connect your smartphone to the same network that your TV is connected to.
- On your smartphone, activate “Wireless Display” and search for available devices. The TV will register an attempt to connect, you need to allow it, and you will see on the TV an enlarged version of the image from the screen of your smartphone.
As you can see, transferring the image from your smartphone is a fairly simple process, for which the main thing is to have the devices themselves.