Disney Plus is a service that’s rocking now, it reached 116 million unique subscribers in July 2021 and it keeps growing. You may be interested in Disney Plus in case you’re interested in Disney exclusives and content, both nostalgia-one and new releases. However, the thing happens and you may no longer need a Disney Plus subscription. In this case, knowing how to cancel it may save you from being charged for the service you don’t use anymore.
Also, mind that if you’ve got a Disney Plus subscription as a part of a bundle (for example with Apple, Amazon, or Roku), you may be unable to cancel it directly via Disney Plus. However, you can use the Disney Plus website to access the service or platform you originally get a subscription to and cancel it there.
How to cancel Disney Plus subscription via the website
Here’s how you can cancel your Disney Plus subscription via your browser:
- Go to Disney Plus website.
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- In case you have multiple profiles, choose the main one (it would be the first).
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Account.
- Click on Billing Details.
- Choose Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm your action by clicking on Complete Cancellation (or click on No, Go back in case you’ve changed your mind).
- Complete the survey (you can choose any option, but Disney would be pleased if you provide the real reason).
How to cancel Disney Plus that you got as a part of a bundle via other platform
In case you’ve got your Disney Plus subscription through third-party platforms, like Roku, you can’t cancel it directly on the Disney Plus website. In this case, you should do the following steps (the first one are similar to canceling a regular Disney Plus subscription):
- Open Disney Plus website.
- Sign in to your Disney account.
- Choose your profile.
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right corner and choose Account from the drop-down list.
- Click on Billing details.
- You won’t see Cancel Subscription, but you will see ‘Go to‘ (platform you got Disney Plus through). You should click on that link.
- You would be redirected to this platform website.
- Sign in to your account and cancel Disney Plus subscription.
How to cancel Disney Plus subscription on your iPhone or iPad
Another way to cancel your Disney Plus subscription is via your device, for example, iPhone or iPad. Here’s what you should do in this case:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on your account name.
- Tap on Subscriptions.
- Choose Disney Plus from the list.
- Tap on Cancel Subscription and confirm the action.
How to cancel Disney Plus subscription on your Android device
If you have an Android device, you also can cancel your Disney Plus subscription via the Play Store. Here’s what you should do:
- Open Play Store.
- Open Menu and select Subscriptions from the list.
- Choose Disney Plus and tap on Cancel Subscription, then confirm the cancellation.
What happens when you cancel Disney Plus subscription?
First of all, after you cancel your subscription, you will still have full access until it expires. That means you still have an access to the Disney Plus content and you can watch it. That’s a great chance to watch movies or series you want (if there are some left).
Another thing you should know – canceling your subscription doesn’t affect your Disney account – you would still have full access and you can use it in order to log in to all Walt Disney Company websites.
Featured image credit: GamesRadar