The AirPods are probably one of the best products Apple has released since the iPhone. It’s safe to say that these headphones have made a splash in the audio market.
They’re wireless, comfortable, perfectly match the overall style of Apple technology, and most importantly, they’re cool. From the first day they hit the market, every Apple fan has wanted one. It makes sense, how can you miss such a novelty.
However, the elegant simplicity of these headphones has its downsides. Although they accentuate your style, the sleek design can make it hard to tell how much charge is left in them.
Luckily, you can check the AirPods’ battery charge at any time with a paired iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to do it. Methods will help you, to find out how much energy is left on your AirPods battery.
How to set up a battery widget for AirPods on your iPhone or iPad
There are several ways to see how much battery power is left in your headphones. One of those ways is the battery widget.
If you want to see the battery life of your AirPods while wearing them, this method is for you. If you want to display the battery widget in the interface of your device, do the following:
- Unlock your phone and go to the first home page.
- After unlocking your phone, on the first iPhone or iPad home page, swipe to the right to go to the widgets.
- On the widgets page, scroll down and tap “Edit”.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, find the “+” icon. Click on it.
- Next, when the page loads, go to the bottom of the widget list and tap “Batteries”.
- When the pop-up window appears, choose a widget size.
- Select the location of the new widget on the page. Tap “Done” in the top right corner.
When you’ve done all of the above, you’ll see the battery life of your AirPods on the widget page, as well as the battery percentage of your iPhone and any other connected devices, such as the Apple Watch.
How to check your AirPods battery on iPhone or iPad with AirPods case
In addition to the battery widget, you can also check how charged the headphones are with the AirPods case. The method is quite simple, do the following:
- First, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone or iPad. You can do this through “Control Center” or the “Settings” menu.
- In case you use “Control Center” the Bluetooth icon should be highlighted in blue.
- If you decide to check in Settings, find the Bluetooth section there, go to it and check whether the switch is green or not.
- When you’re sure Bluetooth is on, hold the AirPods case with the AirPods inside next to your iPhone/iPad and open the case.
- If you have done everything correctly, you should see a popup at the bottom of the screen. It’ll show the battery life of the AirPods and their case.
If your AirPods aren’t currently paired with any device, an alternative way to check the charge level could be the indicator light on the case. The LED indicator is located on the front of the AirPods case.
If it blinks green, that means either the case or the AirPods inside are fully charged. If it lights orange, that means they aren’t fully charged.