A Facebook page admin is the person who keeps order and manages the Facebook page. Anyone can be appointed as an administrator.
What a new admin can do to a Facebook page
However, Facebook is one of the most popular platforms for work, business, and simply keeping in touch with friends and colleagues of interest. Facebook allows you to create a personal public page where you can post separate content from your own page and it can be maintained by several people (admins).
An admin is a person who has about the same rights and access to the management of the page as the owner. It’s the latter appoints and selects the person who will have the rights of an administrator. However, in order to select and organize the administrator access to these rights, you need to know how to do it. Therefore, this guide will help you with this.
Is there an option to add an admin to Facebook page via browser
In fact, the process of adding a new person to the adminship of your Facebook page is very straightforward and quick. All you have to do is use Settings and select the right role for a certain person. Here’s a little guide on how to do it:
- Launch your Facebook page. First of all, open Facebook and go to the Manage Page tab, which has a complete toolkit for all the options you need to manage your page and control its status. This is where you should find the Settings tab, where you will find more detailed options for specific cases. If you want to change or add an administrator to your Facebook page, this is where you can do it.
- Click on Settings. In Settings, you will find everything you want to know about managing your Facebook page. From the availability of comments and privacy of the page to the synchronization with Instagram and WhatsApp. Next, you just need to go to Page role, which you will find on the left side of the panel. This is where you assign the roles of page members or your friends.
- Select on Page Roles. When you go to the Page roles tab, you will see that you can use this option to assign all strangers and acquaintances to specific roles. Facebook has a complete guide to the roles, what each role does and what it means in general. In order not to make a mistake or get yourself or a person confused, you can familiarize yourself with this guide. And as soon as you decide on the right person and the role of the administrator, then click on the tab Assign a new Page role.
- Pick a new Page Administrator. Now you need to enter either a username or their email address – all in the right bar and then, from the drop-down menu select a specific role, ie admin. Also, at the bottom, there will be a detailed description of the role that you have chosen and when you select it, you must click Add. After that, your friend will receive a request, which they have to confirm, and only after that, they will be able to help you manage your page.
- Edit an Admin’s Page role to remove them. In case you need to replace or remove your extra administrator, find them in the Existing Page roles and click the Edit button beside their name. This is where you can edit the role of a friend or acquaintance, or even remove them from the workflow. Also, to add a new person, you must go through the same process described above.
Is there a way to add an admin to Facebook page via mobile device
Basically, the process of adding and changing roles in the Facebook page on a mobile device is quite simple and has the same algorithm as on the PC or laptop version. The only thing is a slight difference in the interface, both on Android and iOS devices.
In short, go to Settings > Page Roles:
And click Add Person to Page:
Also, be aware that the app on mobile devices asks for passwords when approving actions.
Remember one more thing, try to appoint as an administrator only people whom you know well and are confident in their competence and trust them with control over these pages and its subscribers.