The Nintendo Switch is a great hybrid console that has a lithium-ion battery. The battery is located under the case and may be replaced if something goes wrong.
Many questions are asked about the battery, so here are some common ones.
How long does it take to charge Nintendo Switch if the battery is dead
On average, time for charging a dead Nintendo Switch battery is 3.5 hours.
Of course, it depends on many factors, for example, battery age, health, etc.
How long does it take to charge the battery till 1 percent
1 percent is usually reached by the device in 10-15 minutes.
The charging time will depend on what is used: the dock or wall charger. The health of the battery also has an influence on time.
How long will the battery last during the time you play
Nintendo has used different batteries, which can be checked by looking at their serial number, in their devices:
- If the serial number of the Switch starts with “XK”, it means that the device can stay charged for about 4,5-9 hours. It is the highest battery life.
- If the serial number of the Switch starts with “XA”, it means that the device can work for about 2,5-6,5 hours.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite has a battery life of 3-7 hours.
How to keep the battery alive
The Nintendo Switch has a lithium-ion battery which may slowly work worse after each charge. After 800 charge cycles the battery condition gets lower by 20% and becomes 80%.
Besides, charge cycles temperature also has a great influence on the time the battery will last.
The life span of lithium-ion batteries can be greatly reduced by heat.
How to take care of the battery
By doing simple things, you may extend the battery life and the device will work on you for years and years. Here are some tips:
- Keeping the unit and battery at room temperature will help your battery to live longer, as heat can damage it quite fast. The best temperature is between 20-25 degrees Celsius. This means that the device shouldn’t be subjected to extreme temperatures, as usually, this is the main reason of failure in Nintendo.
- You shouldn’t use the device till the battery will be dead. As lithium-ion batteries don’t have a charge memory, so they shouldn’t be completely drained. It is said, that charging your device when the battery reaches 20-30% is the best solution. BUT the experts say that after 30 charges you should drain it completely but not constantly.
- If you need to keep your device without using it, you shouldn’t leave it completely charged, as high charge has the highest oxidation, which is harmful and can slowly break things down.
So you may extend the well-being of your devices only in a few simple steps. Many people just don’t know about the characteristics of the components of the device they use, so it may cause some problems, but now you are aware of those problems.