With the release of iOS 12 in the mobile operating system for iPhone and iPad, among other things, has been updated and the regular messenger iMessage (Messages), which added several features from the Apple Clips. This means that the quality of media content editing capabilities in iMessage has become noticeably more. And with iOS 13, the ability to add your own signature to messages has been added.
Anyway, here is how to add a signature to a text message on your iPhone and more.
How to add a signature to a text message on iPhone
Apple has also added built-in camera effects to Messages, similar to functionality on Instagram and Snapchat, giving users the ability to take photos and edit them directly in the app using sets of stickers, filters, etc. On TrueDepth-enabled devices, the new functionality can be used to work with emoji and animoji.
If you want to add a signature to a text message on your iPhone, you have to follow these steps:
- In the Markup toolbar in a supported app, tap “+” and choose “Signature”. If you don’t see the Markup toolbar, tap on the “pencil” icon or Markup. If the toolbar is minimized, tap its minimized version.
- Add a new signature. Tap “Add” or “Remove Signature”.
- Then use your finger to sign your name. To use the signature, tap “Done”, or to draw a new one, tap “Clear”.
- Finally, drag your signature where you want it.
How to edit a photo or video in the iMessage app
If you want to edit a photo or video in the iMessage app on your iPhone, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the “Messages” app.
- Select a chat.
- Tap the camera icon next to the App Store icon.
- Make sure that the default photo or video mode is activated.
- To access live effects, click on the thumbnail star icon to the left of the shutter button. You will get access to filters, the ability to make a text caption, add original markup, etc.
- Effects can be applied and the resulting photo.
To view photos you’ve taken in “Messages”, tap the App Store icon and select the “Photos” icon.
What effects are available in iMessage
The user is offered a significant number of photo editing tools. They are all located in the panel above the shutter button. The options below are listed in the order in which they appear in the app.
- Memoji/Animoji (available for TrueDepth enabled devices, for the front camera).
- Sticker packs.
After the four main sections, every second icon displays the sticker packs that the user has installed on the device. They all work in photo and video modes in the main and front cameras, except for Animoji and Memoji, which are only compatible with the front camera. Effects cannot be used when editing slo-mo videos, photos taken in portrait mode, square photos, or panoramas, but you can access these types of images in Messages.
What do Animoji and Memoji mean
You can use filters to select an Animoji or a previously created memoji to be applied to your face when shooting with the front-facing camera on TrueDepth-enabled devices. Animoji/Memoji filters are similar to those on Snapchat. By using TrueDepth, animated emoticons are kept on your face as you walk or talk, completely replicating your facial expressions.
What filters are available in iMessage
Apple offers more than a dozen live filters that can be applied to photos and videos. The filter section can be accessed by clicking on the three RBG dot icon. The range includes standard filters to change the hue of a photo or video to warmer or cooler, several black and white filters, and a number of filters to give a picture a painted or colored look.
In addition to the available effects, there are basic photo editing tools.
How to make iMessage on a Mac work with Android devices
Maybe iMessage on your Mac can’t see Android phones. In order to fix it, you have to enable “Text Message Forwarding”:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Messages”.
- Then, tap on the “Text Message Forwarding” option.
- Finally, enable the devices you want to send and receive message from.
If that still doesn’t work, go to the “Messages” settings on your iPhone and select “Send and Receive”. Make sure that both the phone number and email address are checked. This should help.
How to check the iMessage settings on Mac
If you want to check the iMessage settings on your Mac, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, you should open the “Messages” app on your Mac.
- Then, go to the “Preferences” menu.
- After that, click on “Accounts”.
- Under the “You can be reached for messages at” section, make sure the phone number and Apple ID match the settings on your iPhone.
How to sync the iMessage contacts on iPhone
If you’re using your iPhone, you need to make sure that your contacts are synchronized with iCloud and with your smartphone. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on your name and go to the “iCloud” menu.
- Finally, ensure that the “Contacts” option is enabled.
Once you have completed these steps, your iMessage contacts will be synced.
Keep in mind that for everything to work and sync correctly, you should always keep your devices up to date.