You can use the PIN-code on your Samsung TV for a parental lock or a restricted profile for broadcast, cable/antenna, signals, and streaming channels.
PIN Code settings for the features described above can be found in the paragraphs below. The instructions for canceling or resetting the PIN code are different for each function and depend on the TV model.
For this reason, if you need instructions for a specific model, refer to the manual. The manuals are located on your model support page on the Samsung website.
Make sure you have the latest software version installed on your TV before you start setting up. If you haven’t updated the OS, you can find the boot files needed for this on the model support page of the Samsung website.
You can set parental lock settings for broadcasts and streaming channels on Android TV models released in 2017 or later in the U.S. or Canada.
If you’re not sure when your model was released, you can check the year of manufacture on the serial number label on the back of your TV or link to the specifications on the model support page.
How to set PIN code for parental control on Samsung TV
In order to put a parental control with a PIN code, do the following:
- First, on the included remote control, press the HOME button.
- From the available options, select “Settings”.
- The next step may vary depending on your TV’s menu options:
- Go to the TV category, select Watch TV. Then click on “Parental Lock”. Go to “PIN Code”.
- Alternative action: Select “Watch TV”, then go to “Parental Controls” and there to “Parental Lockout. Next, “PIN Code”.
- After the previous ambiguous items on the “New PIN entry screen”, select the desired 4-digit PIN.
- Accordingly, on the “Re-enter PIN” screen, re-enter the 4-digit PIN to confirm.
If you forget your PIN, enter the master PIN for your TV. In case you don’t know the master PIN, remember that you can contact product support to confirm the information.
How to set PIN code for restricted profile on Samsung TV
In addition to parental control, you can also use the PIN code to set up a restricted profile.
This profile is the same as the other profiles but with limited access to content for anyone who doesn’t know the PIN.
For example, you can set up a restricted profile that only displays the Netflix app. However, you won’t be able to use or install other apps while the restricted profile is enabled.
Note that this feature restricts access only to the specified app or content, it doesn’t restrict content based on rating.
You need to control this with the parental lock feature in the TV menu and app settings.
Set the PIN for the first time:
- First, press the HOME button on the remote control to your TV.
- Next, select “Settings”.
- The next steps will depend on your TV’s menu settings:
- In the settings menu, go to “Device Settings”. Then to “Security and Restrictions”. There, select “Create Restricted Profile”.
- Alternatively, select “Security and Restrictions”, then “Create Restricted Profile” or “Restricted Profile”. There is no “Device Settings” item here.
- Once you’re in the desired section, set a new PIN.
- Re-enter the new PIN to confirm.
- For the app you want to set as prohibited, select it and set it to allowed.
- After you finish setting, press the BACK button to return.
This way you will create a new restricted profile and will set PIN for it.