Gaming consoles have long been more than just devices for gaming. Many people use them as complete multimedia centers.
You can use them to watch different movies, listen to music, and even surf the Internet. The set of applications for all modern consoles is very wide and anyone can find an option that suits them.
Including on most gaming platforms streaming programs are available, such as Netflix, HBO Max, or Hulu. It is very convenient when you do not need to switch between several devices, and you can simply continue watching your favorite show immediately after the end of your game.
If we talk about the new generation of consoles from Sony. The PS5 console is just starting its life cycle and many of the programs and features are not yet available to it.
Is there streaming service Hulu on PS5
Hulu is an extremely popular streaming platform, which is currently available exclusively for the US It can also be officially used on US-controlled military bases.
It offers a wide variety of shows and movies for its users. Since Disney owns the streaming service, its library is constantly expanding and new projects are being added. Also does not stop supporting the service and the release of new versions of apps for different devices.
Although many programs are not on the PS5 yet, Hulu has already released their version of the application for the PS5. You can install it on your console and access your favorite movies and shows in just a few minutes.
How to install Hulu on PS5
The process of installing Hulu on your console is actually quite simple. Just like the other apps, you can find it on the PSN and install it from there. It’s very easy to do, you just need to:
- First, on the PS5 home screen, you need to click on the Multimedia content
- Here you will need to select the app library and then click on Applications
- Then type Hulu into the search box and find the app in the list that appears
- Select the app and click Download
- Once the download is complete, you will need to launch Hulu and select “Identify Yourself” to get the code and log into your account
- After that, your gaming device will be registered in your Hulu account and you will be able to access the entire content library in Hulu.
What to do if Hulu doesn’t work on your PS5 or PS4
Sometimes it happens that the Hulu app may not work or may work improperly on your console. There can be a variety of reasons for this. This can happen to you both on PS4 and PS5. Since the systems in these consoles are similar, the ways to solve the problems are also not very different.
If you have problems with the Hulu service, you should try it first:
Check the network connection
First, you should make sure that your connection to the network is stable and that is not the problem. The best way to do this is to connect another device to the access point and see if it has internet. Your phone or laptop would be perfect for this.
If you see that the connection is broken you can try restarting your router or wired your console to the internet. If you can’t connect the console over the wire then move your router closer and make sure nothing is interfering with the signal.
You can also try streaming the Internet from your smartphone and see if your console will work with a mobile hotspot.
Turn off the power to your console.
If you have a system bug, one of the fastest and most reliable fixes is to restart your device. It helps to close all applications at once and eliminate many bugs:
- Hold down the power button on your PS5 or PS4.
- Wait for the device to completely shut down
- Unplug it from the power source
- Leave it without power for a few minutes
- Then reconnect the console to the power supply
- Try to run Hulu again and see if anything changes
Rebuild your Playstation’s database.
Rebuilding the database is a simple solution that solves most problems on your console. To do this you need to:
- Hold down the power button on your console for 5-10 seconds. Release it only after 2 beeps.
- The device should shut down
- Wait 30 seconds
- Then just press and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps
- During the second beep, release the power button
- Connect your controller with the USB cable to the set-top box
- This will bring you to the safe mode
- In the menu select the option Rebuild database. This might take a few minutes. Then you will have to power off the console.
- Then turn it on again and try to enter the Hulu app, it should work correctly.
Also, keep in mind that this will not delete all your data on the console.
Check your VPN
If you use a VPN program to view Hulu, check it. You may have problems with it.
Reinstall the app
You might have had an error loading the application. In this case, a simple reinstall should save the situation. Simply uninstall Hulu and download the program again.
Check if there are any problems on the Hulu side
It is also useful to go to the internet and read news about whether there is a problem with the streaming service, it may be that the failure is on their side. In this case, you just need to wait until the service will work again.