Wi-Fi passwords are widely used to protect wireless networks. After you have connected to a Wi-Fi network at least one time, it will be saved on your iPhone or iPad. However, it doesn’t mean that you can get access to that network directly forever.
Sometimes, people forget their passwords, so what should they do in this case? Fortunately, the information below will help you to understand how to view the Wifi password on your iPhone.
How to view saved passwords
Unlike the former, you will not be able to access saved Wi-Fi passwords from any settings on your iPhone and iPad, unless you have been jailbroken. There are many apps (such as Wi-Fi Password) on the Cydia store to help you find a Wi-Fi password. However, if your iPhone is non-jailbroken, still, there are a couple of methods that you can try.
Tick 1: Use Keychain and iCloud Sync
- First of all, you should go to app folder àutilities folder to find Keychain. If your Mac is using the same Wi-Fi network, you can find and view Wi-Fi password from Keychain app window.
- After that, you should sync Keychain with your iCloud account and also sync Keychain with your iPhone.
- In the end, all the passwords that you’ve been used should be saved and copied to Notes or Remainder, so that they can always be at your fingertips.
Tick 2: Log into Router with Default User
- First of all, you should go to Settings and then find Wi-Fi.
- After that, select the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view. Tap on the “i” to view more information.
- The Router IP address will be displayed. Fill the Router IP address in Safari and click on Enter. You will be guided to the Router log-in panel page.
- When you see the router model, you can attempt to login with default user/password. Or you can Google the exact default user/password for yourrouter model.
iCloud Keychain works with third-party apps. In order to manage your passwords better, you can use some password management apps (like 1Password) together with iCloud Keychain.
How to access passwords via Tenorshare 4uKey-Password Manager
As passwords are used almost in each app, several iPhone and iPad users may often forget the password for the different accounts and apps which they entered earlier or created earlier. It can become quite an annoying situation when you need to access a particular app or file and you have forgotten the password for it. Have you ever tried to recall your password? You try to remember it by entering different passwords but everything isn’t right. Getting worried about not being able to access the file or app ever again? There is no need to worry, as there are some methods that will give you the ability to find the passwords on your iPhone and access whichever file you want to.
The best tool which can easily help you find any password including passwords for app, Wi-Fi passwords, etc, is Tenorshare 4uKey – Password Manager. This tool keeps track of all the passwords which you ever entered in your iPhone or iPad and they will be displayed on the screen. This effective tool can be used in case if you have forgotten the password for a particular file, app, or even Wi-Fi. If you want to find passwords on iPhone using this tool, you should follow the steps below:
- First of all, after you have downloaded and installed the program on your system, your iPhone or iPad should be connected to the system using a USB lightningcable.
- After that, you should unlock your iPhone or iPad and click on “Trust This Computer” to continue. Then, you should select “Start Scan” option after your device will be detected.
- From all the displayed entries, navigate and tap on the entry for which you wish to see the password. You can even tap and hold to copy the username and password from here.
So, all in all, it’s not a complicated process to find the saved passwords. Hope this article helped you to make it simpler.