Nowadays, almost all people use their smartphones, that’s why smartphones addiction is one of the most popular addictions. Fortunately, Google has provided its users with a great tool that can help to overcome addiction. The tool is called Focus Mode. This tool came with the feature Digital Wellbeing, which shows a dashboard to display time spent on different apps and checking notifications etc.
This new mode allows you to select some apps on your phone that use the biggest amount of time, so you can restrict them for a while in order to be focused on some other duties.
What is Focus Mode
Focus Mode may be considered as the Do Not Disturb Mode. While using this mode, you won’t receive any notifications from some apps and won’t be able to use the app for a certain period if time. In this way, nothing will distract you from your duties even if you try to enter the app accidentally.
You will receive your notifications after the mode will be disabled.
How to use Focus Mode
To use the Focus Mode, you should at first launch a digital wellbeing app in case if there is no one installed on your device. It can be downloaded from Play Store. So if you want to use the Focus Mode, you should follow the steps which are mentioned in the section below:
First of all, you should head to Settings and after that, you should go to Digital Wellbeing & parental controls or directly open the app from the app drawer.
After that, you should take a look to find the Focus mode which will be displayed under ‘Ways to disconnect’. Then, you should click on it.
Then, you will see a list of apps where you should choose the ones that distract you the most. It can be done by tapping on the boxes next to the apps.
Next, you can set a schedule. To do that, you should fill in the start time, end time, and also days of the week. After that, you should click on Set.
To finish the process, you should click on Turn on now. After you have done that, the focus mode will be enabled.
The focus mode can be disabled whenever you want. You should only click on a button on the notification shade to do that.
How to turn on Focus mode on Samsung Galaxy phones
There is some differences in enabling the Focus Mode on Samsung Galaxy devices. It’s possible to create multiple focus modes and you shouldn’t select which apps to block, instead, you need to select apps to allow.
So, if you want to turn on the Focus Mode on Samsung Galaxy phones, you should follow the steps which are mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should scroll down from the top of the screen and then, you should click on the gear icon to open the settings.
- After that, you should find and tap on “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls”.
- Then, there will be several preset modes displayed in the “Focus Mode” section. There, you should choose the one you want to be edited or click on “Add” to start over.
- In case, there is a new focus mode has been created, you should name it and click on “Save“.
- After that, you will see that there is a list of apps that will always be allowed in Focus Mode. If you want to add more, you should click on “Edit.”
- Then, you should choose all the apps you want to allow in this focus mode, after that, you should click on “Done.”
- In case you need to set a time period during which the focus mode should be turned on, you should head to “Duration” and use the plus and minus buttons to set the time.
- Any focus modes from can be started from the ‘Digital Wellbeing’ page, but it’s much easier to do from the quick settings buttons. To do that, you should:
- Scroll down from the top of the screen twice to open quick settings, after that scroll to the right side until you see an empty space with a + button.
- There, look for the “Focus Mode” button and pull it to quick settings. Click on “Done” when the button is in place.
- Tap on the “Focus Mode” button and select the one you want to use.
If you want to finish the Focus Mode, click on the Quick Settings button again. You’ll see a summary of notifications that have been blocked.