Instagram is a perfect service that tries to make new updates to improve the condition and appearance of the app.
The latest update provided users with a function of dark mode and it is also available to hide “Like” counters from viewing in some countries.
However, to be able to use the service properly and not face any bugs or issues, you should always keep the app up to date.
Basically, the app should be updated automatically. In some cases, the app may not update because of dome causes, so it may be updated manually.
How to update Instagram on your iPhone
- First of all, you should click on the App Store icon in order to open it.
- After that, you should click on your account icon which is located in the upper-right corner.
- Then, if there are any available updates, you should take a look under the “Personalized Recommendations” button, and then head to a section which is named “Upcoming Automatic Updates.” Keep in mind, that users who have iOS 12 or earlier will see the list of available apps updates after you click on the “Updates” tab in the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- After that, you should look for Instagram through the list, then, you should click on the “Update” option which is located near to the app’s name, if there is an available update. In case you didn’t find the app in the list, it means that currently there are no new updates available, or it may be that the app is kept in the “Updated Recently” section on the same page.
- Next, you should press the “Update” button. If the version of your app is the latest one, you will see the “Open” option instead of “Update”.
- After you have completed the process of updating, you can open the app and enjoy new features.
How to launch an Auto Update on IPhone
If you want to launch an Auto Update for your iPhone, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should visit your Home screen and then you should head to the App Store.
- After that, you should click on the “Updates” tab. You can find it at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Then, you will see a list of available updates. You should look through it to find and click on the Instagram icon and then press on the “Update” option.
- When the steps above have been completed, the app will start to update.
Why Instagram may not update
Some users face issues that Instagram doesn’t get updated. There are many things that may cause Instagram not to update, keep reading to know about that.
- First of all, you should see if there is an update option displayed, if not, it may be that you already have the latest version of the app.
- Sometimes, the problem may hide and not be just because of the version. In this case, you can try out the following things: The first thing that you can do is to check your internet connection. In some cases, due to the slow WiFi connection, the process of updating the app may last a bit longer. Even if you use cellular data, it will still take more time and use a lot of data. If there is no WiFi or data on while you are trying to update an app, you won’t be able to do that.
- Sometimes, it may help to refresh your Instagram page to update the app. To do this, you should just simply navigate to the home tab, refresh the page and it will update.
- If none of these ways works, try turning your phone off and switching it back on. This method is often able to solve many issues on your device.