Turning on the two-factor authentication feature is a perfect choice for those, who want to have secure usage of their iOS devices. On iOS devices, this feature may be used for your Apple ID, as well as for apps like Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook.
How to turn on two-factor authentication for iOS
If you want to turn on two-factor authentication, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open Settings on your iOS device.
- After that, you should click on your name which is displayed on the top of the screen.
- Then, you should click on the button to turn on the feature which you can find in the section with the option to Turn On Two-Factor Authentication. After doing that, you will see the pop-up screen with an explanation of how two-factor authentication works.
- In some cases, the Two-Factor Authentication feature may not be displayed under Apple ID Suggestions. If it’s like this, you should click on the Password & Security section.
- After that, you should click on the option to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication.
- Next, when the Apple ID suggestions screen or the Password & Security screen have been passed, you will see a Verification required message displayed.
- Then, you should press on “Continue“.
- After that, you will be asked to answer the questions which you have created when your Apple account was launched at the first time.
- If there is still no number added which may be used for the account identification, you should fill it in the nest screen.
- Next, you should select the method of verification (a text message or a phone call)
- After that, you should type in the verification code which you have received, next, you should type in the password into your Apple account and sign into it.
When you have completed the process, you should make sure that the feature is switched on now. To do that, you should click on your name again which is located at the top of the settings screen. And then click on the Password& Security section.
How to turn off Two-Factor Authentication on iPhone
The feature of Two-factor authentication makes it possible to access your account on another device. when you try to connect it to your account, you will be asked to fill in a six-digit verification code, which will be sent to your phone number. In the same way, you will be asked to access your Apple account on a web browser.
If you want to switch on two-factor authentication on an iPhone 10, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open “Settings.”
- After that, you should click on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
- Then, you should head to “Password & Security.”
- Next, you should click on the “Turn on Two-Factor Authentication” option.
- After that, you should press on “Continue.”
- Then, you will be asked to fill in your phone number.
- To finish the process, you should choose a security method (text message or automated phone call).
The code which you will have will be used to verify your phone number. After that, the two-factor authentication feature will automatically switch on. It’s important to know, that there are only 2 weeks to disable this feature because if this period passes, the feature can’t be disabled anymore. will then be activated. So, if you want to do that using your browser, you should follow the instructions which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should go to the Apple ID page on your browser.
- After that, you should use your Apple ID in order to sign into you account.
- Then, you should fill in the Apple ID verification code.
- Next, you should click on the “Security” section and there you should tap on “Two-Factor Authentication.”
- After that, you should click on the “Edit” button.
- Then, you should go to “Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.”
- To finish the process, you should click on “Continue.”
If more than two weeks pass, you will only be able to edit your trusted phone number.
As you can see, turning on this feature isn’t only helpful but also easy.