Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular and good equipped streaming platforms on the Internet. In addition to this, it offers customizations that are hard to rival.
The information below will be useful for people who wonder about how to switch on and switch off the Amazon Prime Video subtitles for Firestick, Roku, and more devices.
It’s important to note that most Amazon Prime content features audio descriptions, alternative tracks, and different subtitles. Also, it’s not uncommon for a video to offer a combination of the given extras.
How to turn on or off Amazon Prime Video subtitles from a Firestick Device
Before using the service, you should choose the desired language.
- While watching the video, press the 3 horizontal stripes button on your Fire TV Stick remote.
- After that, you should hit up the button and tap on “Subtitles”.
- Then, click on “Subtitles” one more time.
- Now, choose your subtitles of choice.
The previously mentioned CC icon shows up in the playback menu, anytime you are watching the video. If you want to navigate to the icon and select it, you should use your remote. This action instantly enables the subtitles for that video only, and if you want to turn them off, do the process one more time.
How to turn on/off Amazon Prime Video subtitles from an Xbox or PlayStation console
If you’re trying to access Amazon Prime Video via the console, the steps to enable/disable the subtitles are the same as described for a Fire TV Stick. But instead of using the remote control, you can use the buttons and navigation rockers on the console’s joystick or controller.
How to switch on/off Amazon Prime Video subtitles from a Roku device.
The number of features that can be accessed depends on the device which is being used. Roku doesn’t support preset subtitles, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t use them. You can change the subtitle settings from the Roku menu. To do that, you should follow the next steps:
- First, take the Roku remote and press the Home button.
- Then, find “Settings” which are located in the left side of the menu.
- Go to Accessibility.
- After that, click on Caption mode, then choose one of the three options—On, Off, Always, or On Replay.
- You can now play the video and press the Arrow Down button on your remote to let the information window be displayed.
- The CC icon appears on the right side of the window.
- Tap on it to enable or disable the subtitles.
If you’re using an earlier Roku device, you access subtitles by pressing the asterisk (*) key on your remote. But on the Roku Ultra and newer, you need to press the Down key.
How to turn on/off Amazon Prime Video subtitles from an Android or iPhone
The method to switch on and switch off subtitles on the Amazon Prime Video app is the same for iOS and Android devices. Of course, this section assumes that you’ve installed and logged into the app.
- First, you should launch the Prime Video app and select the content you’d like to stream. While the video is playing, tap click on the screen to access playback controls.
- Tap on the text-bubble icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then tap on the subtitles.
If you want to disable them, repeat the actions and select Off under Subtitles.
How to turn Amazon Prime Video subtitles on or off from a PC or Mac
Amazon Prime Video has an excellent web client, and again, turning the subtitles on is the same for PCs and Macs. Not only that, but the required steps also follow the same logic as with any other device you might be using.
Find the video which you’d like to stream, and play it. Then, open the playback menu and click on the text bubble in the screen’s upper-right corner.
Under Subtitles, select the subtitle language and enable the feature. There’s an Audio menu on the right where you can choose a different audio language, if available.