When people buy a new iPhone, sometimes, they don’t know about the default option of the screen. The default setting for screen Auto-Lock will turn off your screen after 30 seconds of inactivity.
This feature often annoys users when you let somebody else to use your phone and you have to unlock it too often.
If you’re actively using your iPhone, the screen will stay on. However, certain functions like running a timer don’t count as activity in the iPhone world, the screen will still blackout, you won’t be able to see how much time is left unless you adjust your screen settings.
Fortunately, you can adjust your settings to keep your iPhone screen on for much longer. The information below will explain how to do that.
What is iPhone’s screen auto-lock feature
Your Apple devices are initially programmed to switch off or turn into a sleep mode as soon as you will stop using your device.
This option helps to improve the battery condition it also prevents your iPhone from unauthorized access to your device, in case you leave it unattended.
Surely, your devices won’t enable the sleep mode while you are using it for watching films, listening to music, etc.
However, for most other activities the default auto-lock setting on iPhone is one minute, which is the reason for your iPhone automatically turning off.
Because this feature really annoys the users, they try to find the solution how to get rid of your iPhone’s screen switching off automatically.
How to stop iPhone screen from turning off automatically
If you want to use your iPhone without being interrupted, you can simply stop its screen from turning off automatically. To do that, you should follow the steps which are displayed below:
- First of all, you should open Settings on your iPhone.
- After that, you should head to the Settings screen, and then you should scroll down in order to find and click on Display & Brightness.
- Then, you should tap on Auto-Lock which you may find on Display and Brightness screen.
- To finish the process, you should click on the Never option which you will find on the next screen.
This will totally prevent the iPhone screen from turning off automatically.
You should keep in mind that keeping the Auto-Lock Setting to ‘Never’ can make your iPhone prone to the possibility of the unauthorized use, in case you happen to leave your phone unattended.
How to increase iPhone auto lock period
To prevent your device from unauthorized access, instead of completely switching off the Auto-Lock feature, you can try to increase the duration of it. In this way, you will save your phone from others who will try to access it. To do that, you should follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should head to Settings.
- Then, you should go to Display & Brightness.
- There you should find Auto-Lock.
- After that, the next screen will be displayed. There you should select the 2 minutes option.
- After you have finished the process above, you will see that your iPhone will be going into sleep mode when 2 minutes will pass after it was active the last time.
In case, if it isn’t enough and you need to increase the Auto-Lock period, it can be increased to 3, 4, or 5 minutes.
All in all, the process of increasing or turning off the auto-lock period isn’t as complicated as you may think. Of course, the second method is better as it will prevent your phone from unauthorized access, but in case you want to get rid of this feature at all, the first method will be the best solution for you.