Today the modern smartphone is a real assistant, and it’s almost impossible to do without it. To organize your day or tasks and tasks without writing them down is sometimes difficult, so you need to set reminders on your phone. Reminders help you remember important events, such as birthdays, anniversaries or appointments, things to do on a certain date and time.
If you’ve ever heard of location reminders, you probably know how useful and convenient they can be. For example, on Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices, there is an option to share the alert service and geolocation service, which means that you can program reminders on your mobile device that are tied to a specific physical (geographic) location.
For example, if you want to pick flowers on your way back from work, you can set a new location-based reminder that goes off as soon as your car approaches the market where your favorite flower store is located. Or, if you have something left that belongs to your friend, you can set a reminder to see it whenever you’re near his house.
If you want to know how to set location reminders on your Android device, here’s what you should know.
How to create location reminders in Google Keep on mobile app
Google Keep is an app developed by Google and is a program for the easy creation of notes and lists on Android. If you want to organize your affairs and tasks, create lists, and much more. Using this app, you can also set reminders on Android.
If you want to create a location reminder in Google Keep on your Android device, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Google Keep app on your Android device.
- Then, create a note or choose an existing one and tap on the “Remind Me” option.
- After that, tap on the “Place” tab.
- Type in the location in the text field and you will see some suggestions.
- Finally, choose the correct location and tap on the checkmark in the top right corner of the screen.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to see the exact location you selected right inside your note. If you need to change it, just tap on the location, type in the new location, and tap on the checkmark to save it.
How to create a location reminder in Google Keep on the web
If you want to create a location reminder in Google Keep on the web, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, choose the note and click on the “Remind Me” button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After that, click on the “Pick Place” option at the bottom of the reminder window.
- Then, type in the location in the text field and you will see convenient suggestions.
- Finally, select the correct location and click on the “Save” button.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to see the location you select display inside your note. If you need to edit it, just click on the location, make your changes, and click on the “Save” button.
How to set a reminder in the Alarm Clock
Reminders set in the alarm clock on Android is suitable for those things that you need to do today/tomorrow this week, but you may forget about it. The alarm clock is the best option to remind you of it.
- Enter the Clock app in the Alarm Clock section to do this.
- In the Alarm Clock section of the app, click the plus “+” button to add a reminder.
- Next, set the desired time and day.
- Then tap on the field “Description” where you specify the reminder itself, then tap “Save”.
Once you have completed these steps, you will set a reminder.