The user interface is an essential element of any computer. It gives you the ability to have the tasks completed and approached. There are a lot of commands that can help to do it fast, but, if you aren’t aware of it, you may have some difficulties.
How to choose all objects on your Mac
Many users often wonder about how to select all files or photos on their Mac. As, to their minds, they can only pick one photo or alternatively select all photos in a moments group.
One quick resolution is to click Shift or CMD, but sometimes it doesn’t work. If you want to know how to save your time and have all objects selected at once, keep on reading.
What are the methods to select all photos
There are two ways to select all photos:
The first method
If you want to select all photos on your Mac, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should power on your Mac and then, you should fill in your password to activate the usage the system.
- After that, you should head to the Photos app.
- Then, you should tap on Photos. In this way, you will open three options: Albums, Slideshow, and Select.
- Next, you should tap on Select and move the cursor to select the photos you want.
- After that, when all photos have been selected, there will be 4 options displayed: Forward, Recycle Bin to Delete, Add to (to create or add to an existing button) and, the Cancel option which unselects the selected photos.
- Then, you should click on the Forward option to see your available options for sending photos. There will be options, such as AirDrop, Mail, Add to Notes, iMessenger, Copy, Save to Files, Social Media, or Duplicate and Print, displayed.
- Since then, you will be able to export multiple photos to any of your social media accounts (e.g. Instagram) and upload them all at once.
If you want to delete multiple pictures at once in your iCloud Photo Library, you should choose multiple photos and click on the Send to the Recycle Bin option. Your selected photos will then be deleted.
The second method
There is one more way. It is possible to choose to select all or select multiple photos via the more straightforward method. If you want to pick multiple objects from your Photos app on your Mac, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should tap on a photo. In this way, the photo will be added to your selection.
- After that, you should do a command-click to add more photos to your selection.
- In order to have a multiple photo selection, you should tap on the first photo, then you should press and hold the Shift key. After that, you should pull to tap on the last. Since then, all the photos within that range will be selected.
How to select multiple files on Mac
Surely, there are several ways to select multiple files on Mac:
Tap and pull
This is the simplest procedure to select multiple files in a row, column, or both. To select all your files, you will need only to do a click and pull your mouse. So, if you want to select multiple files on your Mac, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the folder that keeps the files that you want to be selected.
- After that, you should take a look at whether all the files follow one another horizontally, vertically or both.
- Then, you should tap on the first file that you want to be picked and hold down the mouse button.
- Then, you should pull your mouse over the files that are left, so that they would be picked.
- To complete the process, you should remove the mouse button once they’re all selected.
Pick all via the command key
This procedure may be used to pick all files that can be found in a Finder window. By doing this, you will have all files picked in the desired place, and none of them would be committed, so you should know that you need all of them. So, if you want to pick all files on your Mac via the command key, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should take a look if all the files in the folder are files that you want to be picked.
- After that, you should tap on the Finder window to activate make it.
- To complete the process, you should click on the Command and A keys at once. In this way, all the files that you want to be picked would be selected.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in selecting all files. The main thing is to choose the appropriate method for you.