When the software becomes obsolete, the device begins to work unstably, malfunction, and generate errors. Such malfunctions are relevant for all modern TVs with Internet access. Sometimes all you need to do is to reset the device or reset it to factory settings. LG TVs are considered one of the most popular and sought-after on the electronics market. But there are problems even with such worthy devices. The easiest solution, in this case, is to reset the device. So, here is how to do this.
How to reset LG TV
If the TV is frozen in one of the apps and stops responding to the remote control, a simple reboot can help. It’s not possible to restart the TV using the settings interface, or using the power button, which is responsible for activating and deactivating the device. There is a simple and working method that allows you to restart the TV, it involves the usual disconnection from the network. Just unplug the power cord from the outlet and wait a couple of minutes, then turn it back on. Keep in mind that the TV should be working when you unplug it.
If the menu is working properly, you can try this method:
- First of all, navigate to the “Menu” by pressing the “Home” button on your LG remote control.
- Then, search for the “Settings” option on the menu screen and select it.
- Under “General” in the settings menu you will find the “Reset” option. Select it and simulate the reset process.
- After that, follow the instructions on the screen and select the “Confirm” option in all warnings.
- Finally, enter the TV’s password and start the reset. The password is usually a PIN (try 0000 or 1234). You can find it by searching for your model on the LG website.
Once you have completed these steps, your LG TV should reset.
How to reset LG TV without remote control
If you want to reset your LG TV without remote control, you have to follow these steps:
- You can try holding down the “Power” button on the side/bottom of the TV. If it resets after 10 seconds, you should not go to the next step. However, if it doesn’t, go to the next step.
- To navigate to the “Menu” and “Settings” options, use the joystick-like controls on the TV.
- Once there, you can select the reset options by going through the same settings as described in the question above about the reset steps for when you have a remote control.
How to reset PIN code on LG TV
Unfortunately, sometimes passwords and PINs are too complicated, and users forget them. After not using passwords for a long time, it is likely that you no longer remember them. However, you can’t reset your LG TV if you don’t remember the PIN or parental lock that you installed with the TV the first time. The only thing you can do is reset the PIN codes that you set originally. To reset the PIN code on your LG TV, you have to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Menu” and select the “Settings” option.
- Scroll through the settings and select the “Advanced settings” option.
- Then, find the “Safety” options.
- After that, go to the “Reset Password” option. Don’t click on it. Just highlight it with the cursor and press the channel up twice, then the channel down and the channel up again. This is a secret built-in code to help users when they forget their passwords.
- Enter “0313” or “0325” in the next dialog box that pops up.
- Next, enter “0000” in the safety dialog box that appears in the next window.
Once you have completed these steps, you will see a screen where you can change your password.