Peacock TV is known for its affordable service and popular titles like Everybody Loves Raymond and The Office. Many people would probably prefer to have free access to these shows and enjoy them, or when they want to get away from the hustle and bustle around them for a while. Peacock TV, in addition to offering the opportunity to revisit old favorites for free, offers its viewers a plan with reasonable prices. In addition, Peacock TV is supported on many platforms and devices.
Unfortunately, since Peacock is a fairly recent service – and accordingly only recently integrated on LG TVs. Therefore, if you have difficulties with its installation, you can view in detail the instructions for the basic installation of Peacock, as well as for the alternative installation on your LG TV.
What is Peacock TV and its features
In general, Peacock TV is a streaming platform for NBC Universal’s various shows. Plus a variety of shows and movies from third-party content providers. The latter also provides a lot of content, by the way – there can be exclusive originals among them. However, the most pleasant thing, of course, is the fact that the lion’s share of content is available completely free of charge.
Naturally, everything cannot be perfect and you have to watch ads for free. Although Peacock TV gives you a Premium plan and you can get rid of ads. The premium service ranges from $4.99/month to $49.99/year. The app also comes with a download option to save your favorite videos for offline streaming.
To start watching Peacock TV, you only need to register through the official website. It’s completely free and you can thus try to stream Peacock TV.
Just below is a list of Peacock TV features that will help you decide whether this service is right for you at all:
- A quality streaming app from NBC Universal
- 1000+ hours of free movies and shows
- Stream your favorite entertainment 24/7
- Instantly get access to live channels and on-demand shows with the free app
- Premium plans at an affordable price range
- A daily news update with the best of NBC News
Is it possible to install Peacock TV on LG Smart TV
Peacock TV has recently become available on LG TVs and that’s super good news. After all, now you can simply install the service directly from the LG content store and you don’t have to use third-party apps and methods. It isn’t necessary to mirror the content as it was necessary to do before.
However, it’s still worth mentioning the details you need to install Peacock TV on your LG TV. First of all, your LG TV must run with WebOS version 3.5 or above in order to install the desired app.
And here is a step by step instruction on how to install the service correctly:
- First, push the Home button on your remote to go to the Home screen of the LG Smart TV
- Go to the app store and search for Peacock
- Select it and install it, then open it
- Finally, you need to sign in to your Peacock account using your Peacock credentials, but you’ll do that only when first launching it
- Start watching Peacock TV content right away
Is there an alternative way to stream Peacock on LG Smart TV
Although you can now install the app specifically on your TV, there may be situations where something can’t be installed correctly, or you have some kind of failure. Even under these conditions, you can still watch Peacock TV. However, now you’ll need your iPhone and its Apple Airplay feature. This is the method everyone used when the LG TV didn’t have Peacock TV yet. The guide below will walk you through the process of installing and mirroring content from Peacock TV to your LG TV:
- Install the Peacock iPhone or iPad app
- Once installed, log in using your existing Peacock account credentials
- After ensuring your LG Smart TV is in the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad, play a title in the Peacock app on your Apple device
- Then select the AirPlay icon
- Choose your LG Smart TV, and you’ll see the content you’re playing in the Peacock app on your LG Smart TV
Where else can you watch Peacock TV
These devices will always let you watch Peacock TV:
- Smartphones & Tablets: Android, iOS
- Media Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV
- Smart TVs: Vizio TV, Samsung Smart TV
- Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Other Devices: Xfinity, Cox, Chromecast
And that is all on how to enjoy Peacock on LG Smart TV.