Modern people spend a lot of time on the Internet. They communicate with friends, read the news, look at useful information for them or just watch fascinating videos.
Not surprisingly, developers are constantly doing everything they can to improve existing Websites as much as possible. They are constantly being made more user-friendly so that they are easier to read and you want to spend more time on them.
Also, a big role in this plays the optimization of the site, as no one wants to be on the site where the animation is glitchy or pages open for a few minutes.
For this, developers are using a lot of tools from web development. Including this helps the function of the inspection of the site elements on your device.
Thus it is possible to get a complete understanding of the work of the site. It is quite simple and can be done from any device, even for example from an iPhone.
How to inspect an element with your iPhone.
The easiest way to do this is to use Safari’s developer tools to inspect items. This is a very simple and intuitive feature that is provided by Apple itself. It will help web developers debug and check all elements on iPads and iPhones. It’s very easy to do. You just have to turn on the web inspector on your device:
- Open Settings
- Then go to Safari
- Swipe down to the bottom of the page
- Open the Advanced menu
- Here you will need to mark Web Inspector enabled
Note that this feature will only work on genuine Apple devices and the Safari browser. It won’t work on Safari for Windows, for example.
Next, you will need to enable the “Show Develop menu in the menu bar” feature on your Mac. To do this follow these instructions :
- Open the Safari browser
- Go to Safari > Settings > Advanced
- Here you will need to check the box next to Show Develop menu in the menu bar
As soon as you do that the Develop menu should appear in the upper bar. Click on it and it will show you the connected iPhone in the options along with the webpage open on the device.
Once you click on that page the web browser window should open and you should be able to view the code for that page
When you interact with any item in the web browser, it will immediately highlight that item on your iPhone in real-time. This can help developers determine what exactly they are inspecting. You can continue to interact with the elements, providing an interactive testing experience.
Why it’s worth learning to understand website source code
If you’re a business owner, you’ll benefit from learning to understand website source code. This can help you better understand your product and learn how to properly analyze other companies’ products. This way you will be able to bring even more benefits to your business.
If you know the basic principles of source code structure, you will be able to :
- Better understand SEO promotion. When you are just looking at a website page, you can’t analyze how well SEO promotion is set up. If you do not have the analysis tools at your fingertips, you can check it in the code. For this reason, knowledge of the code is becoming commonplace for successful marketers and business owners who want to promote their company.
- In-depth analysis of competitors’ sites. If your purpose is to analyze your competitors’ sites, then it will be much easier to do it analyzing the code. Because in this case, you will be able to assess not only the visual or content part of the page, but also see what keywords are used to promote the site, which CMS your competitors are using and much more. This will help to understand the promotion strategy of your competitors in maximum detail.
- You will be able to write competent tasks for developers. If you understand the structure of sites, it will be much easier to explain to developers how you see your task and what you need. You can avoid giving them impossible tasks, and the final version won’t turn out the way you expect. This will save you money and time.
- You will understand the programmers better. If you learn the basics of the structure of sites, the next time the programmer will describe to you the problem on the site, you will be able to understand exactly how it works and how to fix it. It will also be easier for you to understand what changes need to be made to the site. Another advantage is that when you hire a person you will be able to assess his abilities more accurately and speak to him as an equal.
- It will also allow you to save money by making changes to the site yourself. If you learn the basic principles of programming, this will allow Vapm make minimal changes to the site yourself. For example in the content part of it. Of course deeper changes are still better left to the work of a professional. But you can, for example, fix the error in the product description or contact information on your site yourself.
All these things will become available to you when you master the basic skills to understand the code of your product. You always need to know what you’re working with.