Whether you’re sending an Apple Numbers file to a Microsoft Excel user or are on the receiving end of a Numbers workbook you would be required to open it as an XLSX file. There are several ways to convert Apple Numbers to Microsoft Excel, you should keep on reading to know more.
How to convert Apple Numbers to Microsoft Excel
All the workbooks that have been created on your Mac in Numbers can be converted it to an Excel file type before you send it. If you use Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS and have gotten a Numbers file, you can download it to the Excel format using iCloud. And if you’re somewhere in between, you can always fall back on an online file converter. So there are several methods of converting.
How to convert Numbers to Excel via Mac
So, if you want to convert Numbers to Excel via Mac, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the file in Numbers.
- After that, you should head to File, then, you should click on Export To, next, you should select Excel from the menu bar.
- Then, you would see the Export Your Sheet window displayed, you can customize several options before you convert the workbook.
Excel Worksheets: There, you can select whether you want a worksheet for each table or each sheet. If you choose a sheet for each table, you can optionally include a summary worksheet in the book. This provides a link to each table in the workbook.
Require Password to Open: There, if your workbook includes sensitive data, you can password-protect it and give your recipient that password. Set the password, confirm it, and optionally include a hint.
Advanced Options: There, the sheet can be exported in either XLSX or XLS format. It depends on the version of Excel your recipient uses. XLS covers older versions of Excel.
- After you have adjusted the options, you should tap on “Next.”
- To complete the process, you should name a file and choose a location to save it, and then tap on “Export.”
How to convert Numbers to Excel via iCloud
If you want to convert Numbers to Excel via iCloud, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should head to iCloud.com and sign in. Then, you should click on Numbers from the available apps.
- After that, you should head to the top and tap on the Upload button which is the cloud with the up arrow.
- Then, you should click on your file, and tap on “Open.”
- After the step above, you will see that your file has been uploaded to iCloud. If you want to view and edit the file online, you should do a double-click to open it.
- If you want to download the file in Excel format to edit on your computer, tap on the three dots on the bottom right corner of the file. Then, click on “Download a Copy.”
- When the steps above have been completed, you should tap on “Excel” to download the file.
How to convert Numbers to Excel via a File Converter
If you don’t have a Mac and don’t have an iCloud account, it’s possible to convert Numbers to Excel via an online file converter. One of the best file converters is CloudConvert.
- You can head directly to the CloudConvert Numbers to Excel Converter page. Then, you should tap on “Select File,” after that, you should select the location for the Numbers file, and follow the instructions to upload the file depending on the location you pick.
- After you have uploaded the files, you can use the format drop-down box to choose XLS or XLSX. After you have completed the steps, you should tap on “Convert”.
- After the file is converted, you’ll see “Finished” you should tap on “Download” to obtain your Excel file.
It’s possible to convert up to 25 files per day for free with CloudConvert and you even will not need to sign up. In case you want to convert more than 25 files, you can check out CloudConvert’s packages and subscription plans.
Most online file converters work similarly to CloudConvert. So, if you prefer to use a different file converter, you should take a look at the menu for the option to convert Numbers to Excel.
All in all, you can see that the process of converting an Apple Numbers workbook to Microsoft Excel isn’t as complicated as you may think it would be. So, there are several methods to do that, it gives you an opportunity to choose the most convenient to you, even if you don’t have Mac or an iCloud account. To my mind, the easiest and fastest method, which can be convenient for all users, is the third method, as everyone is able to access the file converter.