When was the last time you checked your queue on Spotify? So many people have a big list of songs which they have listened to a long time ago and even forgot about them. Spotify’s queue has huge functionality and people should know how to clear the queue from unnecessary information.
What do you need to clear your Spotify queue
The queue is a special function that involves creating a list of tracks to be played in the future. Spotify uses a special mechanism based on the following factors to create the list:
- Albums and playlists are selected by the individual. If desired, you can click the “Shuffle” button to play in random order or set the repeat mode.
- List of recent search results.
- Selected radio stations based on the desired artist.
- Local files, etc.
If you wish, you can clear the queue in Spotify and subsequently generate an individual list. The principles of deleting data are different on your PC and smartphone.
Well, here’s how to clear your Spotify queue in a few easy steps.
How to delete songs from the Spotify queue using the desktop app
After years of using this app, your taste in music may change. People who don’t know what to do may just delete the account and start a new one, but isn’t it a good idea to clear songs and leave just playlists that would be pleasant to listen to. Clearing the queue isn’t as hard as you may think.
So, if you want to clear a Spotify queue using the desktop app, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open your Spotify app on your PC or laptop and go to the playback screen.
- Then, tap on the song that’s playing and click on the “Queue” icon in the lower right corner.
- Go to the song you would like to remove from the Spotify queue.
- After that, highlight this song and tap on the “three dots” icon.
- Finally, click on the “Remove from queue” option.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to delete songs from the Spotify queue using the desktop app.
If you want to add new tracks, doing it is as easy as removing them from your playlist. You may do that to revive your profile and create a new music direction. To do that you should:
- First, find the track you would like to add.
- Then, do a right-click on the track.
- Tap on “Add to queue”.
- If the song is a part of an album, Spotify will add all the tracks to the queue.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to add new tracks to your Spotify queue.
How to clear the queue on your iPhone
If you have an iPhone, the easiest way to use Spotify is using the app. However, when it goes to clearing, it isn’t allowed to delete songs in bulk in the app. How to remove a song from your queue on your iPhone is shown below:
- First, open Spotify queue by clicking on the three-line icon in the lower right corner.
- Tap on the circle next to the track’s name and mark it.
- After all songs have been marked, click on the “Remove” option which is located in the lower-left corner.
After all, if you’re like most Spotify users, you surely have particular songs to which you’re listening more often than to others. If it’s the truth about you, it would be a good idea to change the song order in order to not skip other songs while listening. It’s so frustrating when you want to skip most of your tracks. That’s why Spotify lets you reorganize your queue list.
You can change the order of your tracks by tapping on a three-line icon and dropping songs wherever you want them to be.
How to clear the queue on your Android
Clearing a Spotify queue on an Android is a straightforward process. You have to do the following steps:
- First, open the Spotify app on your Android device.
- Then, click on the song that is currently playing.
- Visit the playback screen.
- Tap on a three-line icon in the lower-right corner to open your Spotify queue.
- Mark the circle next to the track’s name.
- When all of the songs that you want to clear are already selected, tap on the “Remove” option which is located in the lower-left corner.
Now you have cleared your queue, so you have a great opportunity to find new songs and music directions.
Does a Spotify premium subscription affect the use of the queue
If you don’t see the Queue option when you select the menu, you will still have to pay for a Spotify premium subscription to take advantage of this feature.
If you already have a Spotify premium plan but don’t see the Queue option, it may be because Spotify is still testing the feature and may have removed it.