Regardless of which washing machine you use, its condition must be monitored. To keep your washing machine in working order, clean it several times a year. You can use Bosch dishwasher cleaner for this purpose. This cleaner is designed to remove grease residue, dried-on food stains on surfaces, and other debris that you may have missed or decided to clean up later. The principle of using such a product is simple, read about it below.
How to remove hard water and limescale deposits
For example, consider how to remove hard water and limescale deposits. To clean it, you need:
- Run the longest, hottest wash cycle in an empty dishwasher, without first adding detergent.
- After 30 minutes, pause the washing process. Open the machine and place one pack of descaler in the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Next, continue the washing cycle. When the first cycle is at the end, start another wash cycle.
By performing these three simple steps, you will get rid of hard water deposits, as well as grease stains and stains in general.
How to get rid of grease stains
If you only need to get rid of grease stains and not hard water deposits or more dried food, it’s even easier. All you need to do is:
- Place the grease stain remover on the bottom of the dishwasher and close it.
- Run the longest, hottest wash cycle.
These actions will be enough to clean your machine of grease stains.
How to clean details of your dishwasher
In the case of cleaning individual parts of your Bosch dishwasher, this will require a little more effort. You will need to take out a few parts and wash them by hand. To do this:
- Open the machine and take out all the dishwasher racks to the outside. It’s easy to do, you’ll just need to roll them out as far as they go and lift them up afterwards.
- You will find a drain filter under the bottom grill. It’s easy to remove, just twist it counterclockwise and pull it toward you. If it doesn’t come out right away, try repeating this several times. Don’t pull it with all your might, it may break.
- Remove the lower paddle. It’s simply pulled out of the slot where it’s installed.
- Remove all debris, food debris and hard water deposits from the parts in any way you feel comfortable.
- Next, make sure the spray arms in your dishwasher are free from debris. Most likely, if this is the case, you should have already noticed that the dishwasher isn’t working properly and the dishes aren’t washing properly. Use small brushes and toothpicks to clean them.
- Reinstall the parts and go through the wash cycle as described in the first two methods.
The filter should be cleaned every 3-6 months. It’s advisable to check how clogged it’s after each use of the dishwasher. The same is true for the blade. If you are concerned about the wording “any way you like”, you often use soap and a soft brush or dishwashing sponge to clean the parts. As you can see, cleaning the dishwasher isn’t difficult, the main thing is to remember to do it regularly.