Wireless earphones are quite a sophisticated smart device. Like any smart device, earphones need constant software updates. However, if you just want to know what version of the firmware is currently installed on your AirPods, it’s very easy to do so.
What you need to do to find out the firmware version of your AirPods
Modern man can no longer imagine his life without various gadgets. People today live their lives without letting go of their phones, tablets, always have access to the Internet, and have a lot of hope for their gadgets.
It has really become very convenient because with the help of a smartphone today you can do almost anything. You can order a cab, see where you need to go, or just place an order to have the goods you need to be delivered right to your door.
In addition to your main gadgets, the modern user has a lot of different accessories. This includes different fitness bracelets, smartwatches, different trackers, speakers, and, of course, earphones.
When it comes to earphones, almost everyone always has their own reliable earphones. Since the culture of listening to music today has acquired a very large scale, many people simply can’t imagine their life without musical accompaniment. Therefore, many manufacturers have started to produce their own version of headphones and earphones.
Especially a company like Apple succeeded in this. Their dewaxes are very popular with users and have a good build and sound quality. However, like any smart device, they have their own system. Many users wonder how they can find out what firmware is in their AirPods. In fact, it can be done in a few clicks.
How to check the firmware version on your AirPods
If you decide that you should check the firmware version of your iPods, it’s actually quite easy to do. It will take you literally a few seconds to do it:
- Open the Control Menu on your iPhone. To do this you need to:
- If you have an iPhone 10 or higher, swipe down from the top right corner.
- If you have an iPhone 8 or lower, swipe up from the bottom.
- After that, tap the Bluetooth button to turn on Bluetooth on your device.
- Then bring the AirPods in the case to your smartphone and open the case, you will be notified that the earphones are connected to your smartphone.
- Then you need to go to Settings.
- Here select Bluetooth.
- Then you have to find your AirPods in the list of devices and press the “I” button in the right corner.
- This will open the information about your earphones and here in the line Version you can find your firmware number.
Using these simple steps you can quickly check the current firmware version of your earphones. You can check online for the current version of AirPods firmware and compare it with the version you see on your iPhone. You will need just a few seconds to do this.
How to update AirPods firmware
If after checking whether your firmware in AirPods is up to date, you find that the software is out of date, you may be wondering how you can update the firmware of your device.
In fact, it’s so easy that you don’t even have to do anything. Since AirPods firmware updates automatically after you connect to your Apple device with internet access enabled.
In order for your device to update accurately you need to:
- Charge the case of your AirPods and place the earphones inside.
- Then open the case and make sure it’s connected to your iPhone.
- Then place your iPhone on a charger and turn on its LTE or Wi-Fi data connection.
- You should also check to see if the firmware on your Apple device is up to date.
After that, you can leave your devices alone for a while. The update usually takes literally 20-30 minutes.
These simple tips will help you to check your firmware and always update your devices in time to have access to all the new features.