The voice assistant in the Google Maps app is a really big advantage of this service. It makes navigation much easier, especially when you are driving. You don’t need to be constantly distracted from the road to see the route you need, because the voice assistant will warn you in advance about the necessary turn, departure, or dangerous situation.
Google developers are working hard to keep this app available in every corner of the world and in every language. But if you suddenly hear that the voice assistant’s language is foreign to you, you can always change it to your native language. In this article, we will tell you how to do it on different devices.
How to change Google Maps voice on Apple devices
If you want to change Google Maps voice on Apple devices, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open your device’s settings;
- Tap “General”;
- Choose “Language and Region”;
- Select the language in which Google Maps will work.
Keep in mind that this will change the language of the entire phone, including all other applications.
How to change Google Maps voice on Android
If you want to change Google Maps voice on Android, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open Google Maps on your smartphone;
- Tap the “three lines” icon in the corner;
- Scroll down and choose “Settings”;
- Search for “Navigation settings” and open it;
- Tap “Voice Selection”;
- After that, choose the language of the voice assistant you want to hear when Google Maps navigate your directions.