Telegram is a good platform for creating groups, chats, and channels, but is it possible to keep track of all these chats by yourself? If you need help, Telegram gives you the option of appointing someone else as an administrator. Or you can add a bot.
Is it possible to add an admin to Telegram channel
As you already know, Telegram is a messenger with a very high quality of service. Its multifunctionality and the servers that store your documents in the cloud are a great help in work, study, or personal projects. Also, don’t forget about the community and how easy it’s to keep chats, groups, and channels within Telegram. All you need to do is create a group or channel in a few clicks, invite people, and voila – you’re now a group or channel administrator who shares information with more than one person.
However, what do you do when your channel or group has become so active that you can’t always control the order, etc.? In such cases, you need another person who volunteers to help you.
Telegram has made it possible for you to add someone to the position of a group or channel administrator.
Is there an option to add someone as an admin in Telegram channel
As mentioned above, it’s very difficult to manage a group or channel that has a high level of activity alone. So, you can add multiple admins to a group or channel on Telegram. Here’s how to do it if you manage a Telegram channel:
- Open the Telegram app/web app
- Open the channel that you want to add admins in
- In the upper-right corner, select the three-dot icon
- Go to Manage Channel or skip this this step if you use mobile app
- In the next window, select Administrators
- Go to Add Administrator
- Select the member you wish to promote to an admin
- Choose the said member’s privileges
- Select Save or a checkmark in the right upper corner to confirm
How to add an admin in Telegram group
Approximately the same algorithm you’ll take when you add an administrator to the group in Telegram:
- Open the Telegram app/web app
- Go to the group you want to add admins to
- Navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen/page and click the three-dot icon
- From the dropdown menu, select Manage group
- From the next screen, choose Administrators
- Select Add Administrator
- Choose a member from the list that you wish to promote to admin
- Select the member’s permissions that you want to allow
- Click Save
What about adding a bot as an admin in Telegram
If you have a group or channel where you often need to notify people about events and other news on a regular basis, then the best option is to add a bot as an administrator. This will save you a lot of time. This way, the bot will inform and help other participants navigate the group/channel. To add it, you just need to download it from the official Telegram website.
There are also options to try third-party bots from other resources, but they will not guarantee you quality service and in general, can be malicious. So, be careful and make sure that it’s legitimate.
In general, you can create your own bot. However, this is if you know how to code or already have experience creating bots. How to make a bot full of guides on the Internet, you can use this guide.
Here’s a guide on how to add a bot to your group:
- Open the chat with the bot in question
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Select Add to Group
- Select the group/channel you wish to add the bot to
- Confirm by clicking OK
That is, bots are like individual people you add to a group or channel. On this basis, you can assign it as an administrator, as well as any other member of the group/channel. How to add you already know, you only need to apply the bot and you’ll no longer waste time on reminders, etc.
Separately, it should be mentioned that the admin isn’t the person who owns the group. The group creator is signed as “owner” or “chat/group creator” and the latter appoints admins, gives them limited or unlimited access to the group management functions, etc. By the way, the owner can give this status to another person at any time, which is very convenient.
And if the owner’s account is deleted, the rights are transferred either to the administrator (one of the random) or another member of the group/chat/channel, if it hasn’t been assigned, administrators.